1.16

20 comments and votes for next chapter.

"Belgium. In 1831-"

"No!" Riley shouted in class interrupting her father. Teresa looked at her weirdly, although she was concerned. Teresa didn't want to take the lesson either, but they couldn't just change it.

"In 1831, Belgium-"

"No!"

Teresa patted Elliot on the shoulder causing him to turn around to face her, "what's going on?" And for the first time Elliot didn't know, so he just shrugged and they continued watching them.

"Riley?" Mr Cory asked concerned for he's only daughter.

"What's my thing?" Riley asked him.

"What's your thing?" Mr Cory asked.

"What am I going to be, dad? Am I going to be okay?" Riley asked in a panic tone.

Mr Cory looked unsure of what to say for a minute, he crouched down in front of he's daughter, "Riley listen to me very clearly."

"Okay." Riley said.

"In 1831, Belgium declared it's independence from the Neverlands." Mr Cory told her.

Riley looked more worried, "what will people be thinking of me if I end up living in a subway?"

"What if nothing happens for her, sir? Riley can't end up like that. She's my meal ticket! Other than Teresa and Elliot." Maya asked.

"And when did I decide on that?" Teresa asked her.

"Since the day you called us your friends." Maya smirked at her before turning to Riley, "we can live off of Teresa and Elliot!"

"What the... I just say you girls at breakfast!" Mr Cory said.

Farkle than said some things in dutch. "Calm down, Farkle. You're speaking in dutch again." Mr Cory informed him.

Farkle realized what he said was true, and slapped himself, "Mi educación no debe basarse-"

"No, you slapped your face way to hard. You went all the way to Spanish." Mr Cory interrupted him.

"My education should not be based on your daughter's mood." Farkle told him.

"Neither should mine, but it is." Mr Cory told him, "guys, a daughter asks her father, 'what's my thing?', this question will resonate in the hearts of all parents from the moment it's asked, and, so the day their child feels comfortable in the world. Pretty soon, you're all gonna join the workforce. What's your thing? What do you aspire to do? How will you affect people? That's the only history that matters."

Teresa raised her hand, "than why do we take history?" Mr Cory ignored her.

"Thank you, daddy." Riley told him.