1.10

I'm skipping episode 5
______________________________

Teresa remembers that if Mateo would ever get in trouble she'd do something to get in trouble to keep him company and he does the same, she remembers there bike walks, she remembers there endless talks, she remembers them first learning to swim, she remembers everything with them together and it's painful too remember all that when his in a coma and she doesn't know if he'll ever wake up.

The worst thing she remembers is when they finally realized there Mamá wasn't coming back, they stayed in bed together and cried and cried until they couldn't anymore. They needed each other and they were there. That day Teresa promised that she'll never leave him that she'll always makes sure his okay and that promise broke the day of the car accident. Teresa doesn't remember a time she cried more before the accident, her brother was her life and for that to be taken away felt horrible but there's still a chance for him to wake up.

She remembers something he said all the time 'we'll be okay as long as we have each other, we're family and family doesn't leave family' he was always too smart for his age. She believed in his words, his words was the reason she was still here and trying, he'll always be there and when his not she'll touch the necklace he bought for her by there dad's money.

A family is supposed to together always especially when they need each other, there suppose to trust each other, love each other, and be together. Teresa relationship with her dad is shattering and all she has to hold on to is hope that her brother will wake up and that they'll still be there for each other.

"A lot has changed Mat, and I'll tell you everything when you wake up," a tear went down Teresa's face, "please wake up. I... I need you."

Teresa wiped her tears away when she heard the sound of a door opening. Arms wrapped around her and that's all it took for the tears to fall down, everyone of them. Some of them were happy tears for her brother getting better, the others are sad for how her brother might be dealing with this. Teresa closed her eyes as the familiar warmth filled her.

"He loves you." Teresa pulled away at the sound of his voice wide eyed.

"What are you doing here? Central city is hours from here." Teresa said.

"What can't I visit my favorite cousins?" Barry said. Teresa chuckled.

"Wait don't you have school?" Teresa asked.

"Don't you?" Barry asked back.

"I have a note." Teresa said.

"Good go to school, I'll see you at your home." Barry said. Teresa kissed his and Mateo's cheek before leaving with one question on here mind, is it?

____________________

Teresa hasn't felt like she had a home in a long time, sure she loved it in Texas but it wasn't home it felt more like a vacation or escape, in Spain she wasn't sure what she felt there. Will I ever find a home? Was always a question Teresa had and questioned, she's suppose to feel like she has a home with her family but the only time she did was when she was with Mamá, Papá, Mateo and Mateo and Barry but with Papá was a long time ago and it's been a very long time since she saw her Mamá.

Teresa opened the door to the classroom late. "You're late." Ms Reed said as she saw one of her students come in.

"Sorry." Teresa said with an apologetic smile handing her the note. Teresa would have been fine being late to any other class but this. She loves art especially this class in this school. This was her escape. But her art class was different, she takes hers with older classmates which ment a different teacher than the one teacher her friends.