1.9

"What's this for?" Little Teresa asked as she looked at the cute stuffed food in her little hands, "other than making me want to eat it."

Mamá chuckled,"It's for when you can't talk to Papá or me, you can talk to this." Mamá said as she pointed at the food.

" Mamá said as she pointed at the food

"I can always talk to Mateo or Barry." Teresa little voice came out.

"They won't always be there." Mamá said as she stroked her only daughters hair. Teresa frowned.

"They will, you said it yourself 'family never abandons each other especially when they love each other'." Teresa said trying to make her voice like her Mamás. "You'll always be there for me, right?"

Her Madre smiled sadly, "of course." Her voice was quiet and fragile.

"Can I name him/ her?" Teresa asked. She nodded.

"Bateo." Teresa said looking at her new toy.

"Why Bateo?" Mamá asked.

"It's a combination of Mateo and Barry." Teresa giggled.

______________

Teresa looked at herself in the mirror after finishing her braid. She was actually going to the dance she didn't know why, but maybe she did know but was refusing to believe it. And she was wearing a dress which she only does for special occasions like family reunions.

"You look beautiful." Lucas's mother complimented from the doorway.

"Thank you, it was my mothers." Teresa said looking at the dress. Other than that she was wearing flats, a purse, and no makeup. She wouldn't be wearing makeup until she's fifteen and she's okay with waiting.

"Do you want a ride?" She asked.

"No , Quinn's giving me a ride." Teresa said as she took her phone. "Bye Ms. Friar, Bateo."

She frowned as Teresa made her way down the stairs. She knew the young girl needed time but sometimes it feels like she doesn't think of her as a mother or family.

"Hey Q." Teresa said as she opened the door of the car.

"I never thought I would see the day Teresa Gomez wearing a dress." Quinn dramatically said. Teresa rolled her eyes.

"I see where the twins got there dramaticness from." Teresa responded.

"Dramaticness isn't a word." Quinn pointed out. In return Teresa stuck her tongue out at her.

_____________________

"What?" Teresa said laughing as she looked at his face.

"Have I told you how beautiful you look today?" Elliot sked. Teresa smiled at him blushing.

"Well you don't look as bad as I expected." Teresa teased.

"Hey!" Elliot exclaimed making some people look at him, he blushed from embarrassment. Teresa giggled.

"I'm kidding, you don't look bad at all." Teresa assured him before looking around, "They really need better music."

Elliot agreed and they both sighed in relief when the song was over but the others clapped.

"Well guys it looks like the night is widening down. We hope y'all enjoyed the dance, but before we go I noticed some father's have arrived to pick up their daughters I wonder if we might have one last dance." Everyone started clapping, "a father-daughter dance."

Teresa's eyes turned sad at the last words of course her Papá wasn't here, he was too busy with work. It's always that or Lucas's mother. They used to be so close before that all changed. Teresa also noticed Maya's eyes turned sad, it caused her to take her hand on hers and squeeze it. All the father's started dancing with their daughters while Cory walked towards there direction.

Teresa and Maya expected him to dance with Riley but she moved in last minute to reveal them from behind her. "May I please have this dance?" Cory asked shocking them both although they did not show it. They took his hand moving to the middle of the dance. They three started dancing together for a little before Teresa took her hand out for Riley, than they all started dancing together. Ring around the roses, ashes, ashes, we all fall down, Teresa was thinking as they were dancing.

"Looks like we have a new tradition now." Riley spoke up.

"That's okay traditions are supposed to evolve just like daughters and sons." Cory said looking at the three and Elliot. His words shocked Elliot but it also made him happy that he was apart of their family, "sometimes they just need- what was that again Mr. Friar?"

"A guiding hand that has your best interests at heart." Lucas said looking at them. Teresa smiled at him.

"There's still a hole lot I need you to teach me, dad." Riley said.

"Thank you Riley." Cory said.

"There's still a hole lot I need you to teach me too." Maya said.

There was a lot of things I needed you to teach me, mom.

"Hey! He's my father." Riley told the blonde.

"Whatever you say." Maya said.

"You do know that your my father right?" Riley asked.

"Yeah I'm your father." Cory said, "Thank you Riley."

"How's that for makeup?" Riley asked.

"Perfect." Cory said. Teresa walked over to Lucas holding her hand out.

"Dance?" Teresa asked shocking Lucas before a smile grew on his face.

"I would love to."

This place is changing me for the good or the better I don't know

_______________

Mamá= mom

Madre= mother

Papá= father/ dad

I made a vote book for my updates so I know which ones to update, and you all get to vote check it out.

Sorry it's short and I'm lazy and bored. Just came back from school.