2

"It's him isn't it?" Trevor speaks up as I stare blankly at the men outside. We arrived a few moments ago and although it's starting to get dark I can make out some of the faces.

"No you idiot. I'm just looking around."

"I could bring you with me to talk to the Alpha and get this over with." He reminds me and I snap my head from the passenger window to the drivers seat where he's looking very amused. "Or you could stay in the car."

"No I didn't say that. I was just thinking." I undo my seatbelt before cracking open the door and slamming it shut behind me.

"Come on you dumbass." He calls to me and I pick up my pace to catch up with him. A six year age gap separates the two of us but so does a good eight inches.

I hear a wolf whistle come from my right and naturally I turn towards a few guys standing on the porch of what I assume is their pack house.

"Grow the fuck up." I snap and they are taken back by my comment.

"Don't make enemies Jenny." My brother mumbles before grabbing my arm and yanking me behind him.

"Alpha Harris." I see a young brunette boy walk towards us and my first reaction is that this cannot be the Alpha. My second is that, if he somehow is the Alpha, then he's not my mate.

"Beta Logan."

Beta? Seems rather small like for a Beta.

"And I'm assuming this is your Luna." He bows his head at me and I almost choke on my own words.

"Fuck no." Before I can even take back my response Logan is giving me a slight smirk.

"What she means is no." Trevor looks down at me with disapproval. "This is my sister Jenifer."

"My apologies. Welcome to our pack." Logan continues to send me a smirk and usually I'd be annoyed, but there's something about him. He's not as punchable as he appears, but I also think it has to do with feeling growing inside of my chest. I feel my heart rate speeding up at an unthinkable rate.

"I'll introduce you to our Alpha then." Logan directs his comment to me but I shake my head.

"I need to get out of here." I grab at my brothers arm and his eyes widen at my words.

"You're fine. Just wait it out." He gives me a comforting look, but I can't take that advice.

My wolf doesn't freak out and she's freaking out.

"Are you okay? Do you need to take a seat? I'll bring you inside." Logan motions for me to follow him, but I don't. Instead, I turn on my heels and sprint into the woods.

"Please calm down and get back here. You're not in danger." Trevor mind links me but I keep running until I come to a clearing.

"You're in more danger in the woods than back where your mate is."

"My what?" I ask back and then it clicks.

My wolf feels uneasy because after waiting two long years I am going to come face to face with my mate.

"Most people don't run away from their mates!" I hear a call and I turn to see him. I want to say something but but all I can get my body to agree to, is nodding.

"So you're the one with the mouth on her." He questions and I nod again. This may be a bad first impression but he's stuck with me.

"Yeah I didn't really hold back." I finally conjure up the ability to speak.

"I can tell, but I really do need you to come back with me." He continues to step forward at a snails pace. He's being cautious as if I'm a loose canon.

"Please." He adds while tossing in an even more charming smile than the one on his beta.

"I never said no." I begin to approach him. "But I do have some conditions. One of those being that you have to tell me your name, your age, and more importantly why you didn't come looking for me."

He looks down at me with his hazel eyes and I try to keep myself from jumping into things right here and now. He's my mate and he's made for me.

"I did look for you. I just didn't expect you to be in the Harris Pack."

"Why not?" I look at him as if he's stupid and he rolls his eyes back at me.

Great we have the same attitude.

"Because I visited your pack three years ago during a meeting about the rogue issue on the boarder between the states. I looked for you and you weren't there."

"And I was on a trip with my school." I laugh in realization. "I could've met you at seventeen and I was in another state."

Just my luck.

"My name is Sebastian and I'm twenty three. I've been looking for you even longer than you've been looking for me, and right now I'm not in the mood to be standing in the woods, but I'll wait for you." He shrugs before stepping back from me and taking a seat on a tree stump.

What type of person doesn't even touch his mate after waiting five years to find her? I thought I was going to be the fighting off his touch, but I guess I was wrong.

"My name is Jenifer and I'm twenty."

"And let me guess you're Trevor's sister?" He questions and I nod. "You're gonna be a Luna."

"Don't remind me." I groan in annoyance as I join him on the rather large tree stump. "I don't know if you can tell, but I'm very refined." I cross my legs as I give him an apologetic look which leads him to finally touch me.

"You're a piece of work Jenifer." He places a hand on my thigh before leaning closer. "And I'm trying not to get annoyed at your sharp tongue."

"Oh the big bad wolf doesn't love his beautiful perfect mate?" I stand up while crossing my arms over my chest.

"You're gonna be fun to tame." He looks up at me through his lashes and I roll my eyes at that naive comment.

"Who said you had to tame me?"