27

"Good Afternoon Council." Sebastian bows his head to the elders and I follow suit.

"I understand we are meeting here today due to the fact that you have found your Luna." An old white haired male speaks up. "Say, it isn't so." He looks me up and down and I place my gaze on the floor.

No you can't place it on the floor. You have to appear strong.

"Good evening." I speak up as Sebastian's hand lingers on my lower back. "Jenifer Harris, Sir."

"Welcome sweetheart." A woman on his right speaks up and I send a warm smile back to her.

"Do not be fearful Jenifer. This is all just mandatory and part of the process." She adds and I look up at Bash who looks calmer than earlier.

"Alpha Reece, may we have a moment alone with Jenifer?" He asks and I nod before placing a hand over his hand that's now on my waist and holding me tightly in place.

"It's okay." I whisper before pulling his hand away from me.

"Of course Elder Francis." He finally releases me and turns to me completely before leaning down a leaving a kiss on my forehead. The only sound left in the room is the sound of footsteps clacking on the ground and then it's the closing of the large wooden door.

"Good evening." They smile and I politely smile back.

"Can you please state your name and age for the council?"

"My name is Jenifer Harris and I am twenty years old."

"How did you meet Alpha Reece?"

"I was traveling with my brother Alpha Harris to his pack for business reasons and I happened to find him."

"And you are his mate of course, so please tell us more about your relationship. Please don't leave out the details." Elder Francis sends daggers my way and I take a deep breath.

"Its a wonderful relationship. I trust him with my life and I love him more than words can explain. When I first met him I was faced with the fact that I didn't feel comfortable being a leader. I believed I'd never find my mate and I did. I couldn't be happier. I believe that when I first met Alpha Reece I was struggling to cope with the idea of leaving the place I once called home, but it soon became clear that wherever Sebastian is, is where home is." I explain and he nods before pointing at me.

"You bear a mark."

"Yes I do." I lean my head to the side and show my neck.

"And Alpha Reece does not bear your mark does he?" He follows up with another question.

"No he does not. That was a personal choice for the time being until we met with all of you and made a formal announcement to the pack."

Lies.

It's really just me avoiding responsibility.

"And you have not completed the mating process either."

"No we have not. I had an adverse reaction to my mark and we figured that it would be a smart choice to wait." Justifying my choices is useless. It's my choice and my body but here we are.

"Are you capable of being a Luna?"

Excuse me.

"I am aware of my shortcomings. I know that I am not the most proper or the most prepared for this position but what I do know, is that I love Sebastian with all of my heart. I love his family and his friends and most importantly I consider his pack home. I might not be the best at cooking dinner or being a perfect wife, but I know what he needs and what he needs from me in order for his pack to be the strongest it can be. Wether or not that's enough is up to you, but he's the love of my life and nothing can change that." I cross my arms over my chest and I look up waiting to hear some rude comment.

"Alpha Reece please come back in here." A shout echos that startled me slightly and I quickly turn to face him as he comes to me.

"It's okay." He mouths before grabbing my hand in his large one. "Yes Council." He bows slightly and nods.

"I believe there is not much left here to discuss." Elder Francis speaks up and I look at everyone in front of me.

Seven elders and not one had the balls to stand up to Francis.

"I happen to disagree." The older woman smiles while crossing her arm and looking over at her fellow council member. "I believe that there is a need to discuss when the formal wedding is to take place. I think we all can agree that Jenifer is going to be an incredible asset to our council alliances and that she has an incredible head on her shoulders."

Take that Francis.