12

"I swear to the moon goddess that I'll hold you to that Bash."

"If I'm stuck here for the weekend then I expect to be let out of training for the week and allowed to go to the party with my friends."

Michelle is here this weekend and those were the first words I heard out of her mouth. I had expected a slightly better first meeting, but from what Bash told me I shouldn't have expected much.

I also should've expected Lacey to be sweet because that's what I was told about her. I just didn't expect her to wrap her arms around my waist and hug me immediately after seeing me.

"You're the new Luna." She looks up at me with her blue eyes and part of me feels like my soul has been brought back. Almost as if this little girl is truly a little angel.

"He really loves you." She looks over at her brother who is currently holding Michelle by the wrist and trying to reprimand her. "He's just protective of her because she's a loose canon with no sense of right and wrong. As for her..." she points to Ashley who previously waved politely at me and took a seat on the couch. "She's just moody."

What about Steph?

"She's outside with Logan."

"Are you?" I start to question her and she gives me a small smile before grabbing my hand and pulling me over to where Sebastian is still threatening his other sister.

"Michelle you didn't meet Jenifer."

I need to talk to Bash the second I can. Part of me thinks that this little girl is a mind reader and I'd like to know if she is before I think something about my mate who has his shirt off.

"Hello, we can talk later if you want, but right now I have priorities and one of them is going to this party." She turns back to Bash and I feel like I've been given whiplash from a teenager. "Everyone in the whole school is going and I'm not gonna be the one loser who isn't. I haven't gone to a party in three weeks. I'm not asking for much."

"And what? Make me come get you when you're too drunk to function? When you're on the side of the road? Or when some guy takes advantage of how plastered you are?" Bash's voice raises and I feel as if I'm watching my younger years play before me.

"I'm not doing this right now Michelle. We'll talk about this after dinner. Maybe you can find a better reason to go to the party when you're supposed to be spending time with family and I'll reconsider."

"Fine, I'll see you when I find a better reason." She storms off and that's when Bash finally turns to look at us.

"What were you saying Lacey?" He asks and she looks up at me.

"Jenifer needs to speak to you. I figured the only way to get your attention was to interrupt Michelle."

"Thank you. We'll meet you outside once we're done talking." He leans down and kisses her on her head. "Logan and Steph are in the front." He reminds her as she let's go of my hand and runs out of the living room.

"I see you've met Lacey."

Oh I think we've done more than meet one another. I'm pretty sure she pulled some mind melt on me.

"Can we go somewhere to talk?" I ask and he nods before leading me to his office where I quickly shut the door behind us and lock it.

"Why did you tell me that your little sister could read minds? That little girl grabbed my hand and she knew what I was thinking. Is she a Sybil?"

"I didn't say anything because I've become used to it." He shrugs while walking over to the blinds and looking outside at Logan and Steph.

"She started showing signs of it when I became alpha so the past five years have been filled with her doing this stuff. It's not like she can do it by looking at you. She can only do it when she holds your hand or is touching you." He clarifies as he looks back at me.

Cause that makes it less crazy?

You don't hear of children with that talent. Most of the time it's a gift given to young adults who are at least sixteen years of age. Some people believe you're born with the gift and it shows overtime while others believe it's granted once a person proves themselves worthy of such a gift.

"She doesn't necessarily try to get information about you either. She seems to pick up on information if someone is feeling an extreme emotion like fear. She's honestly just a sweetheart who wants you to like her."

And what did I do? I fucking got scared of her and ran off. Good one Jenifer.

"Also I'm sorry about Michelle. She's recently been harder to keep around than Ashley. Ashley will get annoyed but she won't be rude and she won't get angry at me for what my parents force them to do. They show up every other weekend and sometimes they'll swing by for dinner, but it's not like I'm begging them to come over. My parents are the ones who want us to be close and they have rooms here but it's been hard." He leans against his desk and I allow him to speak his mind.

"I don't want to yell at my little sister because that's not my job but at the same time Michelle really knows how to push buttons." He rubs his hands on his face and I can see clear as day that this eats at him.

"That's how Trevor feels about me. Have you tried talking to him about how he dealt with me?" I force a laugh and he smiles back before pulling my body into his.

"I also know how Michelle is feeling because I've said those same things to my brother. I've yelled at him countless times and I understand why she's acting the way she is."

"Have I ever told you how incredible you are?"

"I mean yes but I wouldn't object to you saying it a few more times." I reach up so my hands are in his hair and he smiles back down at me before kissing me softly. "Anyone tell you that you look awfully handsome today?" I ask and he laughs before keeping me quiet with another kiss.

"More." I whisper and he sighs.

"I would love to stand here and kiss you for hours but I gotta make sure Steph isn't breaking Logan."

"She's like three feet tall. There's no way she's breaking Logan."

"I'm talking about breaking him down mentally and emotionally."