9

"I don't wanna go with her in the car!"

"Oh go cry to somebody who cares."

"See, I'm not taking this abuse. I draw the line at the emotional and psychological abuse Sebastian."

This troll.

"I don't plan on bickering at one in the morning. I plan on sleeping during this car ride because unlike you I have to act happy in front of my brother." I motion to the pillow I have Bash holding for me and Logan crosses his arms over his chest.

"Can't you take Hudson? It makes more sense for you to take him and for me to watch over the pack."

"Do you hear yourself? Hudson is coming with us, he's already in the drivers seat."

"In that case you don't need me." He adds to his stupid argument and I shake my head before walking towards the truck.

"Just get in the car."

"Ow why did you hit me?"

At those words I quickly turn around to notice Logan holding his head in his hand.

"Don't ask, just get in." Bash opens the door for me and once I'm inside he takes the seat to my right.

"You're gonna sit back here?" I ask and he points to the idiot opening the passengers door.

"Well I'm not about to put you two next to each other." He lays the pillow down in his lap and I immediately lay my head down on it.

"Why did we have to drive at one in the morning again?" Hudson asks while motioning to me. "Even she's tired."

"Because we need to be home for the full moon. I can't have us in another packs territory when she's not marked. I want to get her stuff, handle pack business and get back home."

I've heard stories of the pain she wolfs feel when they go into heat. It's like your burning from the inside and there's only one way to stop it; to have your partner mark and mate you.

I don't view sex as something insanely sacred, but I don't want to give myself out freely. I got myself into a disastrous situation with that Gamma. After that night I told myself I wouldn't sleep with anyone until I met my mate. Now that I've met him, I should technically let him mark me, but I'm terrified. I have a deep fear that if I let him do it that he's going to get what he wants and leave.

Trust issues are more of a bitch than Logan.

"So we either hear her screams of pain or of pleasure. Lose lose for the rest of the house, especially because Garrett should be coming home while we're gone."

Garrett?

"First of all, don't piss me off when I'm sleep deprived. Second of all, don't talk about Jenifer like that, because you know she's gonna fight back and that's assuming I don't stop you first. You'd have my head on a stick if I spoke about your mate like that."

"My mate doesn't exist, so jokes on you."

"She exists, you just haven't found her yet." I clarify.

"Well if I was anything like my best friend I'd finally find her after five years but since I'm not I'll probably have to wait another five."

"What about you Hudson?" I ask and he laughs.

"Hudson has a mate. The lucky son of a bitch found her a while ago." Bash smiles.

"Not so lucky because she's human." Logan adds.

"How come I haven't met her?"

"Well you would've met her if you and lover boy didn't cause a fight in the stairway the first day you came here."

"She lives with us and I didn't even know?"

"No, she was visiting. She doesn't live with us because she lives with her grandmother. She's sick so Eden takes care of her. She also doesn't know about the whole wolf thing and it would probably scare her away. I figure I'll wait."

"For the old bag to die?" Logan jokes and for the first time in a while I laugh at what he has to say even if it's the worst thing I could've laughed at.

"Jesus Christ that is your future sister in laws grandma you're talking about. Not to mention, she's gonna be devastated when Cindy dies which means we're all gonna hear her sobbing when she moves in."

"Can you keep her away until she's done sobbing?" I joke which earns me a high five from Logan.

"Look at these two. They're bonding over such a horrible thing."

"Well since nobody wants to fess up about who Garrett is, I gotta talk about something."

"Should we tell her?" Hudson looks back at Bash through the review mirror and I look up at him with big eyes.

"Please."

"No don't give me the puppy dog eyes. Jenny please don't try and pry it out of me like that."

"Garrett is our token human friend." Logan confesses and my eyes go wide.

Wait what?

"Garrett is a friend of ours from high school. He lives with us and helps with the business we do. He also happens to be human." Sebastian finally gives me a direct answer.

"He also has a thing for wolf chicks ever since he found out about them."

"If we're being honest Garrett is great other than the fact that he will sleep with anything that breaths in his direction." Hudson joins in.

"And he doesn't know I found my mate, so we are in for a fun experience." Sebastian further explains and I close my eyes as I try to fall asleep.

It's nice being told about things that were once being hidden. Its like a weight off of your shoulders that you didn't even know you had crushing down.

The time spent back at my home was the opposite. It was like all of my troubles came back full force. The nasty looks received from my old friends wasn't even bad in comparison to the happiness on my parents faces. It wasn't joy because I'd be happy. It was joy because they weren't going to be dealing with me anymore. Trevor is happy for me, but even he's glad I'm not his worry anymore.

They've spent so much of their time hovering over me and my actions and now they don't have to. I don't need that in my life anymore.

Not anymore. Never again.