Chapter XI

~1 week later~

Your POV

It's been a week since I last texted Dinah. She still texts me everyday to say I'm beautiful but I never answer. It hurts both of us, but it had to be done. I would've dragged her down with my disability. Right now I'm laying in Emily's bed staring at my phone with her next to me.

"Are you seriously not gonna text her?" Emily asked me.

I turned to glance at her before looking back at my phone. "Should I?"

"Yes!" She exclaimed as she sat up.

I looked at her. "But I don't want to drag her down."

"Why don't you just tell her you have Lou Gehrig's disease and let her decide whether she wants you in her life."

I sighed. "I don't need that type of rejection."

"But you don't know she's going to." I gave her a "really?" look. "She might be different."

"She's famous Emily. You really think she's gonna be different than the kids who aren't."

"You trust her that little, huh?"

"I'm sorry but it's not happening." I pushed my self in a sitting position and glanced at the clock. Seven o'clock. "I'm heading home."

"I'll give you a ride," she started to get up.

"No." She stopped moving and gave me a confused look. "I wanna walk."

"Seriously?"

"I just wanna clear my head."

"But it's a thirty minute walk. For you it'll probably take an hour."

"I don't care. I'll text you when I get home." Emily nodded knowing she couldn't stop me. "I'll see you tomorrow." I made it out her room and slowly out the house. I started my long, slow walk home. With my stupid disease I could barley walk. I had to use crutches to support the braces on my legs. On my walk I was thinking.

I should text Dinah and just tell her the truth. What could go wrong? A lot of things actually. She could turn on me like all my old friends did. I don't think I'd be able to handle that. I really did like her, but I was just scared. Extremely scared.

That's when I felt two hands on my back and the next thing I knew I was on the ground. I heard people laughing behind me. I looked back and saw my bullies from school standing there. Just great. Could this day get any worse?

"Hey freak," Jessica greeted causing me to glare at her.

"What do you want?" I asked as I tried to use my crutches to help me get up. I was almost standing when Peter and John kicked my crutches from beneath me causing me to fall back down.

"Oh nothing," she paused, "just your pain and suffering. Do it boys."

Peter and John walked over to me and started to kick my sides. It was even worse because they're both soccer players. I cried out in pain as they continued to kick me all over my body. "HELP!" I screamed for someone, anyone to save me. "PLEASE!" I saw porch lights turn off. Seriously? People were just going to let this happen.Then I saw one porch light turn on. Thank god. I saw a lady emerge from the house.

"Hey!" She yelled at them. "What do you think you're doing?!" They kicked me one last time in the head and grabbed my crutches before running off. Everything was ringing as the lady came over to me. "Are you okay sweetheart?" I opened my mouth to reply but didn't get the chance to as I blacked out.

Hope you enjoyed