Chptr. 16: Replaced?

3rd person's POV

(The next day, 1:00 PM)

Jimin entered their shared office. He just got back from his date with Taemin just a while ago. Jin who was waiting for him anxiously now dragged Jimin and pushed him on the couch. "Tell me about everything, Hurry up!" Jin asked impatiently.

"We just had lunch at some restaurant." Jimin told casually. He crossed his legs and looked at Jin who was unsatisfied with his answer. "That's it? No drama?" 

Jimin rolled his eyes. "I told you Jin-hyung, we just ate and then talked like before."

"Did he say anything else to you-" 

"You know already what happened right? And you, of all the people, should know that I don't like Taemin-hyung like that...and I would never." Jimin explained. Jin sat beside Jimin on the couch and leaned his back to sit comfortably.

"I wasn't asking about you, I was asking for him. You rejected Taemin before but what if he was here now again because of you?" Jimin laughed earning Jin's attention. Yup, they had a really good relationship before, like brothers for Jimin, but sadly...it wasn't the same for Taemin. He grew a liking with him that's why he left.

"He has a boyfriend now hyung, and I am happy for him. You should be too." Jin sat straight up.

 "He has a boyfriend now? H-How? He was a crying mess that day you rejected him! I never thought that he could even move on from you." Jimin nodded, looking at the ceiling because he was bored all of a sudden.

Jin held his chest from relief. He thought that Taemin was still after Jimin but since it wasn't the case anymore, he was calm. It's not like Taemin wasn't a good guy, it's the otherwise that's why he doesn't want the two to end up together. Given that Jimin doesn't like him which he clearly stated, he knows that the latter would only get hurt if he continues.

"It was in the past okay? It's been a year and besides..." Jimin gulped, unsure if he would continue his sentence. Jin folded his arms and narrowed his eyes at the younger who was still looking up at the ceiling. 

"Spill the beans and don't fucking try and leave me hanging." Jin demanded. Jimin sighed, ready to continue.

"I think...I might like someone." Past images of Jungkook who was laughing in the field with him resurfaced in Jimin's mind. How Jungkook giggles when he tickled him. How the younger's brows almost connect when he's upset or simply grumpy. Or when he would casually show his bunny smile all of a sudden making Jimin's heart flutter.

Jin's mood changed. He was looking at Jimin like some Love Doctor trying to examine the younger's face who was thinking about the person he was referring to.

"You do like someone. Just by looking at your face, I know that you do so don't doubt your feelings." Jimin looked at Jin's direction. Jimin was unsure of himself. Hearing that from Jin somehow made it clearer but still confusing. How could someone know what love looks like just by judging other's faces?

"And by someone..." Jin wriggled his eyebrows. "Could it be Jeon Jungkook?" Jimin's eyes widened. He got up from his seat, ready to bolt out. 

"I-I didn't say it was him!" Jimin told after he stormed out of the office.

Yeah...it was Jungkook. Jin clearly nods and accepted.

.

Jungkook was worried as fuck. He was so curious about what happened on Jimin's date. He even waited in front of the Dorm Building if ever Jimin came back in his room. Why is he taking so long for just a date?!