Chptr. 34: His unbeatable stubbornness

3rd person's POV

"Hoseokie~ I'm worried about Jungkook, he's been practicing too hard." Taehyung rests his head on his boyfriend's shoulder whilst looking at Jungkook still dancing. They are in their afternoon break but Jungkook won't stop.

Hoseok sighed and he just intertwined his fingers with Taehyung to at least lessen his worries. 

"I came here at six but the lights are already on, and then I saw him dancing here already. I know that I've told you to do our best but still...I can't help but to think that maybe it is all my fault that he's working too hard." Hoseok felt down, maybe it's his fault, maybe he pressured Jungkook too much. 

Taehyung sat up but as he was just about to tell Hoseok that it wasn't his fault, Jin came to sit with them with a worried expression too.

"It's not your fault Hoseok, I am sure he's working hard because he wants to prove something. Maybe prove Jimin that he could win this, who knows?" Jin relaxed his back at the mirror in the corner where they sit, gulping his water.

"Or prove Jimin's Dad that he isn't someone whom Jimin should protect. Who knows what's going on with that pretty head of his." Namjoon sat beside Jin, snuggling at his boyfriend's wide shoulders.

"Mr. Park's really an ass I could tell." Taehyung told as he pouted, making the three laugh from his statement. Jin and Namjoon had never heard someone call Jimin's Dad, the director of 'The Legendary BigHit Idol School', an ass before. It was brave of Taehyung to say that.

"Yah Min Yoongi! Why don't you try to tell Jungkook to stop? He would listen to you!" Hoseok shouted at Yoongi who was also leaning against the mirror, looking at Jungkook with worry. Yoongi shot Hoseok a glare making the latter hid his face in Taehyung's back. Yoongi was really scary at times like this. 

"Do you think I wouldn't want to? I'm not doing it because it's my first time seeing Jungkook work this hard for something. I mean, he always works hard because it's his dream but...he's different now, he looks unstoppable." 

They all stared at Jungkook who was still dancing passionately for his Intro performance with Hoseok. He had his eyes closed, feeling the music like it owned his body. Hoseok, Taehyung and Yoongi who had always stayed at their maknae's side never knew this new side of Jungkook. He always danced with passion and with such strong movements, but he looked really different like what Yoongi told them. Because now Jungkook was dancing with emotions. 

"You might have not seen this until now but...he changed positively." Yoongi added with such a proud smile.

The four can't help but to nod in agreement.

.

Days had passed and everything was prepared for the Battle. Nothing could ever go wrong as of this moment. Jimin made sure that everything was settled, their wardrobes, mics, sound system so they just need to focus on their performance.

And it was finally the day that everyone's been waiting for. It was exactly 5 in the afternoon when the gates finally opened, revealing the students from different schools who were patiently waiting til' it opened. 

The stage was set up at the soccer field. There was a DJ on the side who was responsible for the sound system and an emcee too who would host the show for the night. The spotlights were also prepared for the convenience of the performers and for the audiences too so they could clearly see their idols.

The students were now gathered on the field with their banners on their hands, showing the names of the groups they were supporting. No one was expecting that lots of students would come. The soccer field was wide but the audiences almost fill half of it which shows how many of them showed up!