Entry # 4

Gringotts was okay. No one noticed my heading over there, which is great, but the service could be better. Then again, goblins were handling the accounting. Who the hell knows if that was their default state.

But back to my predicament last entry. It doesn't look like I was spotted coming out of Gringotts. I guess no one thought Ron Weasley would make a break for Gringgotts, which is fortunate for me since, well, I'm trying not to be Ron at the moment, not until I have enough resources to back me up in case of basically anything.

As for what I did in Gringotts, well. There was this theory I had, from reading all the fanfiction (for educational purposes, shut up) that all pointed towards any deity, supernatural being, really having a vault in there...somewhere. Some untouched, even.

I had a vault. Shared with all other Heart Players to ever exist. And it was filled decently, but I needed to be careful with budgeting.

The reactions of the goblins were strangely funny too. They looked seconds away from offering me whatever it was goblins offered -- they were also half-way disgruntled, as they told me, because Ron Weasley was specifically banned from Gringgotts, courtesy of Potter.

Well, fuck you, Potter, you didn't expect the Destroyer of Souls to come knocking, did you? I have a farther reach on souls than Death (at least I hope so -- myths say that Death is merely a bridge between souls' resting place and the living realm). 

I keep getting off track, don't I? I'm heading to the ice cream shop everyone who had read Harry Potter in forever keeps mentioning online (They were probably dead by the time I read those, but details), Florean Fortescue something or other. I have no idea why the quotes look so stupid on their menu but by God, they bother me so much.

The only reason I'm setting myself in the open like this is because I, somewhat stupidly, am curious about Potter's groupies. Have they teamed up with Slytherin? How was this world's Dumbledore watching them? Is Tom Riddle sane, or has Harry Potter gone Dark, with his friends tagging in along for the ride?

There's so much I don't know. Well, I can take a crack at remembering the History of Magical Britain (which, admittedly, wasn't much, just the whole war with Grindelwald and the rise of the Knights of Walpurgis before suddenly disappearing and, of course, Lord Voldemort's reign of terror) but that doesn't help me so much with my situation now because the recent happenstances are most definitely NOT recorded in any history book.

So baiting them it is.

I didn't actually look at the flavor of the ice-cream I ordered, but it tasted fine so I didn't bother. I'm trying to look for anyone suspicious, which, if this was a book, would be aptly described as 'my eyes shifted everywhere, watching, waiting,' etcetera. What? I like writing on occasion too.

No one seems to be coming, for all the 30 minutes I've been enjoying my ice-cream. Thank god for the joys of charms, because this thing was spelled to keep itself frozen until it was in my throat to melt happily inside. As inherently flawed as their system is, Magic itself is wonderful. Too bad I can't seem to replicate it with tech, even if I got close with the alchemiter.

I bumped into a lady.

I should say sorry, ri-- oh fucking shit.

It's Hermione bloody Granger. Someone -- dark skinned and probably black? -- was with her, as well as the face of Matthew Lewis. Neville Longbottom, whatever.

I think I lucked out with quickly going through with my sorry, as gruff as it was and turning away from them and moving forward. I bought myself time -- but that was only a probability.

"Weasley --"

"Ron?!"

I have no idea what Longbottom was doing, but he didn't say anything and I wasn't looking at them to know. A pit opened up in my stomach and I quickened my pace, nearly jogging as I hoped to leave their sights.

Apparently, my luck ran out. Bloody wonderful.

[timaeusTestified is Offline]