Entry # 6

There is a problem.

I don't know any Pureblood customs. I don't even know how to begin acting like a pureblood, much less a dark-aligned pureblood.

Actually.

Are Light and Dark aligned Wizards even a thing? Will the regular Rose-esque theory of magic work here?

Rose's perception of magic is something along the lines of the more you want, the more it becomes. Classification of magic comes in a lot of different aspects, as well. If one could count Classpects in it, well, that was a whole other matter entirely.

Basically, one could either be an attack, defense, or support kind in regards to 'magic'. For types, there was the usual Light and Dark, or Yin and Yang because Rose is a dramatic poet for some incomprehensible reason (but I'm betting on her being as vague and obscure as possible just for laughs. She's clever, not a boring person) then came the aspects which slotted neatly with yin and yang, but every aspect had yin and yang sides respectively.

For example -- Heart. Power over souls. On one hand, emotions and empathy. On the other, potential manipulation and whatever harm tampering with souls could do.

But that was just for us. For my friends. Would it apply here? Would any of my knowledge, from my friends to my late night obsessions with the internet, to the sparse amount of books Bro left me, be useful here? I'm from the 23rd century. How the fuck am I supposed to know what to do in the twentieth?

The one thing I despise most about my situation is that I have no allies here.

The Goblins have agreed to keep my identity and situation a secret, but they can't help me as they are willingly loyal and bound to Potter and Riddle. Oh, joy. Scarfang, one of the goblins, gave his sympathies in the form of patting me on the back. It has not improved my state or status in any shape or form, but the sentimentality was appreciated.

I don't have anyone to talk to, which sucked as well.

I can't even go to the muggle side of things, I'd be risking the Statue of Secrecy.

The first thing I absolutely, very much need to do is to gather information. I need to know the ins, the outs, the ollie outies out of every mother fucking aspect of this culture until the actions are like first nature for me to make. To accomplish this, I believe staking out on private property and social get together parties are key. That, or I could read.

Whichever I pick, I will have a definite high chance of being caught. At the risk of sounding like Hal, there is at the very least a 50% chance that I will be seen and pursues like the hounds tracking a scent. I could definitely do both, given enough time, but as some of you may have already surmised, time is not a luxury I can afford to have.

For now, I'll pick the safer option. Pick a secluded library out of the way of anyone, and do my research there. I'll have to make note of spells, too. If there were any minimal mana-costing, multi-purpose spells that don't get remembered by a lot of people, then I have every right to abuse them as much as I want. To make the spells feel special, you know?

[timaeusTestified is Offline]