Chapter 29

Savannah James

Savannah James

"First person to see them wins!"

Riley shouted out with the upmost excitement for the two people soon to walk through the threshold of the airport terminal.

I grinned at Riley's known bout of both confidence and competitiveness. She was positioned on my hip, although I couldn't ever remember her growing much to the point that holding her up was now more difficult than before.

"You're on." I tickled beneath her chin, causing her to hunch her neck forward towards my body in an attempt to escape it.

We were currently stood in the arrivals of JFK airport, waiting patiently for Tom and Henry to arrive before Riley's birthday tomorrow. We had been planning for them to come at some point over the last few months, and yet the incentive of Riley's birthday made getting them here that whole lot easier.

Tom was usually busy with having followed his father's footsteps into business out of college, and yet he was still able to create his own vacation time based on the sole fact that he managed his own work. Where as, Henry worked full time at the garage back home, giving him limited time to see just about anyone or to even visit, which was why it was so incredibly refreshing to finally see the both of them walking through the arrivals archway.

"Mommy, I can see them!" Riley exaggerated with her finger pointing towards the two familiar figures now making their way over to us. "They're coming, I can see them!"

Tom was wearing a shoulder pillow around his neck, looking like a typical tired traveller while Henry looked ready as ever to be out of the airport and away from planes for the rest of the time he was here.

However, despite their individual differences, they were both equally as elated to see both myself and the very excitable little girl in my arms who was now scrambling herself away to meet the two people she had always referred to as her uncles. It wasn't a regularity to see the both of them since they lived back home in California, but with plenty of video calls, Riley had gotten to know and love the both of them as if they were just as present as April and Valentina were.

"Hey guys!" Henry was the first to say as he rushed over, receiving an inviting hug from Riley before he was even able to reach us.

"How you doing?" Tom wrapped a comforting arm around me and kissed the side of my head as I wrapped my own around his waist. My big brother was home with me again.

"I've been worse," I sent him a knowing smile, "I'll explain everything when a certain little girl is asleep tonight."

"Speaking of," Tom started and turned to where Riley was now standing on Henry's feet, "where's my hug, little lady?"