f i v e

I JIGGLE MY KEYS a little before they finally work and the door falls inward

Chase is already there, much to my dismay, and I inwardly groan as I close the door behind me. He was lying on his bed, his stupid phone clasped in his hands like usual. I hang my bag over the back of my wooden chair and place my keys on the surface of the desk. 

"How'd your first day go, roomie?" Chase smirks as he glances up at me. Wow he actually notices my presence for once, it's a damn miracle. I roll my eyes, opening the mini fridge lodged between our bedside tables and pull out a bottle of water I had stored in there earlier. 

"Fantastic." I smile, overly-sweet at him as I twist the plastic cap of the bottle off. I close the fridge with my hip, "I think I accidentally joined a gang in my Good Behaviour class." 

Chase instantly glances up from his phone and scoffs, "How did you accidentally join a gang?" 

"Everyone just loves me." I shrug arrogantly and take a swig of my water. I kick my shoes off and sit down on my bed, pulling out my phone from my denim jacket at the same time the door swings open. 

"Yo yo yo motherfuckers." Noah grins as he swaggers his way into the room, Levi following in behind him, and he perches on the end of my bed. "How'd your meeting with Sully go?" 

"Sully?" I question, raising a confused eyebrow. 

"The Headmaster." Noah explains as I nod in understanding yet still slightly confused, "So?" 

"All rooms in Arlington and Emerson are full. So it looks like you'll be seeing much more of me in Elwood." I smile as Levi rolls his eyes and takes a seat on the navy blue beanbag, folding his arms across his broad chest,  "Thanks for making me feel so welcome Levi. You seem so happy! Woo!" 

"We have to throw you a traditional Elwood welcoming party." Noah exclaims as I instantly regret telling him. I shake my head and sip my water, "Come on, Hay. You're the first female Elwood resident and will probably be the only one. It's a historic moment." 

I screw my face up, "I'm not really in the mood for partying right now." 

"Please?" Noah grins brightly, "It'll only be a small gathering of my friends." 

♤♤♤♤

Turns out Noah's definition of a small gathering is the entire senior and junior male dorm and a few sophomores from Montgomery Hall. Apparently as he himself put it; everyone is Noah's friend. 

The common room on the second floor of Elwood Hall was packed and how there was alcohol in here, I'll never know. The Sergeant, or what the guys like to call Mr Machado, a junior year chemistry teacher and the Resident Supervisor, left half an hour ago. He lives on campus and is in charge of Elwood Hall. 

Music was playing through the built in speaker system, reverberating over the loud chatter. A very competitive game of pool was currently being played on the large green table and an even more competitive game of Uno was being played in front of me.