t h i r t y s i x

I FROWN AS music starts blaring through the spacious room, specifically "Old Town Road"

I FROWN AS music starts blaring through the spacious room, specifically "Old Town Road".  I groan through my sleepy haze as I slowly come to the surface and roll over onto my back. I peak one eye open, almost blinding myself and through a blurry gaze directed at the open door, I watch as Vera struts through. 

The morning sun was streaking in through the window above my head, giving her a glow and making her look like a angel in her silk white night gown. She also had a cowboy hat and on her head and where she got it from, I have no damn clue. 

But it was fucking hilarious as she begins dancing at the foot of the king sized bed. 

Vera and I shared the bed while Penn, like the legend she is, offered to sleep on the rather large sofa pushed against the left wall of the spacious room. Honestly, it looked more comfortable than the bed and I was kinda jealous. 

"Yeaaaaahhhh! I'm gonna take my horse to the old town road...." Vera sings loudly into her toothbrush-slash-microphone, probably waking every single person in the house. Curse her and her great genes, allowing her to look so great so damn early in the morning. The audacity. 

She then jumps on the bed, almost squashing me as we all erupt in a fit of laughter. Penn then joins us, looking like a delicious burrito while wrapped  in her pale blue comforter as she collapses between us. 

"So, my lovelies, what's on the agenda for today?" Vera questions, brushing her dark curls off her golden face. 

I shrug, "Well, I do need to buy some Christmas presents."

"Shopping sounds absolutely wonderful!" Vera cheers, kicking her legs up to the roof as she grabs her toes. "I need some new clothes to fit in my suitcase." 

"Do you though?" Penn questions, rolling onto her stomach like an adorable Caterpillar and cocking a dark red eyebrow at her best friend. 

Vera gasps before playfully swatting Penn on the head with a soft white pillow. Penn gasps back for pouncing onto her knees and snatching a pillow into her chest. 

I roll off the bed instantly before I became yet another victim of Penn's ruthless pillow fighting I laugh at the two girls as I turn, leaving them to have fun, and exit the room. 

I make my way down stairs, my bare feet quietly padding against the wooden floorboards and I shuffle  into the kitchen. After being woken up at the most god awful time in the morning, the time being 9:12, I was in dire need of coffee. 

David's super fancy coffee machine made it easier and as the coffee poured into the large striped mug, I honestly pondered the idea of smuggling it back to Caldwell. I mean, he could afford ten more so it sounds like a win-win situation to me. 

I take a sip, blowing at the surface of the coffee as if it would cool down in seconds, and rest back against the bench. 

Chase then decides to casually stroll into the kitchen in that exact moment; shirtless with his glorious abs and tattoos on display.