f o r t y s i x

"I ONLY CAME because of Penn and the promise of video games

"I ONLY CAME because of Penn and the promise of video games." Noah grumbles as he sits on my desk chair, his feet kicked up on to the top of a purple plastic storage box. I grin evilly and glance up at hime. "Liar liar pants on fucking fire

"I think the correct term is thank you." I explain as I return to painting his toe nails a vivid scarlet red. "Come on, a guy sent me eighty-five dollars through Venmo for feet picks. I need more money." 

"And why exactly are you using my feet?" Noah questions while he folds his arm. I hold the brush securely in my hand as I apply the red polish to his second toe. 

"Your feet are beautiful, Noah." I state as I glance to my right at Penn who was busy painting Noah's other foot in a dark plum. She nods with a cheeky smile. "I'll buy you gummy bears with the earnings." 

"Okay." Noah smiles contently as he locks his hands behind his head and reclines backwards. I can't help but giggle along with Penn as we continue to paint his nails. 

Everyone was out, since it was Saturday which meant Noah, Penn and I all on our lonesomes. It also meant that I was majorly third-wheeling today. Yay. Vera was in Madison with Sam who had come down to see her which was extremely adorable. He showed up to her dorm with flowers while Vera was sleep-deprived and in her pyjamas. Levi was also in Madison but he was meeting with his therapist which he does every Saturday. 

And Chase was in Seattle visiting his grandfather. I don't know much about Chase's grandfather and I'm not going to pry either. I've learnt that with Chase, I need to wait until he himself is comfortable to tell me which I'm fine with. But what I do know is that he owns a successful architecture company which Chase is hoping that he will someday be apart of. 

 We end up having a full photoshoot in my dorm with Penn holding up my desk lamp to Noah's feet while I snapped some Instagram-worthy pics. Noah did have very feminine feet which was a perk for me and all the creepy people of the internet. 

After we had cleaned up our mess I was lying on my stomach of Chase's bed while Penn and Noah retreated to sitting my bed. Noah lay back against a sitting Penn, his head against her chest and her phone resting on the top of his head as she swiped her fingers over the screen. It was too cute. 

"Maybe I should sell feet picks." Noah says as he stares down at his toes as I roll my eyes and giggle at him from across the small room. "Do you think I could make it in the industry Penny?" 

"Of course." Penn smiles as she combs her fingers through Noah's blonde hair. It made me miss Chase. I hadn't seen him since yesterday evening because he left early this morning. "I would buy your feet picks." 

Noah grins as he runs his hands down her thighs, "And that's why I love you." 

"Whoa, whoa, whoa. You guys have already said the 'L' word? The big L? The extremely serious and lethal word?" I question as I turn to them, highly confused as they look at me like I just said the dumbest thing on earth. I mean, I usually do so their expression was nothing new.