t w e n t y t h r e e

"YOU'LL PROBABLY CATCH some type of STD sitting on these benches so I'd advise not to

"YOU'LL PROBABLY CATCH some type of STD sitting on these benches so I'd advise not to." I inform Spencer as we walk through the quiet campus of Caldwell. I was taking him on the grand tour of the school while my mother talked to the Headmaster about little ol' me.

"Oh, so it's like the library at Brookehaven." Spencer points out as I glance up at him and nod.

"Precisely."

After whining about it all day, I finally agreed to take Spencer to my dorm because he wanted to witness the fine specimen, his words not mine, of a roommate I have. The elevator was finally fixed so when the doors slide open, we file inside and ride it up to the third floor.

"I still can't believe you were put in here." Spencer cackles to himself in the small box of the elevator.

"Yes. It's absolutely hilarious." I roll my eyes at him, considering strangling him before the doors open. He glances around the halls as he follows me to my dorm and I stop outside the door, knocking on the wooden slab.

Spencer frowns at me weirdly, "It's your dorm? Why the fuck are you knocking?"

"Everett might be with a girl. I don't want to barge in and see a whole naked girl again." I whisper to him as Spencer folds his arms and leans against the wall.

"Again?"

"Long story." I shake my head, brushing my hand through the air just as the door creaks open and Chase's face pokes through the crack. He frowns down at me in confusion, "Are you alone? If not we can come back later."

Chase opens the door wider, exposing the otherwise empty room, "I told her to leave a while ago."

I walk in as Spencer follows in behind and I hang my jacket and bag onto the back of my desk chair. I turn around to face Spencer and gesture to the rest of the room, "Welcome to the shit show, I guess."

I hear Chase scoff as he extends his hand to Spencer, "Hey, I'm Chase."

"Spencer." My cousin introduces himself and shakes Chase's hand while glancing at me, "Okay, I am confusion. I thought you said his name is Everett."

" Everett is my last name." Chase informs Spencer politely, "Your cousin calls me Everett because she enjoys being difficult."

"That's me." I shrug with a small smile on my face as I glance at Chase. He chuckles and shakes his head. When Chase turns around, I lock eyes with Spencer who begins fanning himself dramatically. I roll my eyes at him as I take a seat at my desk chair. Spencer sits down at the edge of my bed, gazing around the small room.

"So are you from Brookehaven too?" Chase questions as he pockets his phone. It was weird seeing him being so polite with Spencer and I don't understand why he didn't have the same attitude with me. Okay, so I insulted him before I even knew who he was but still.