t e n

AT AN EXTREMELY  slow pace, I was getting use to complex formulae and normal routines of Caldwell Academy

AT AN EXTREMELY  slow pace, I was getting use to complex formulae and normal routines of Caldwell Academy. But the main thing is that I'm getting use to it. The swim team, though small were all really friendly and welcoming when I first entered the pool, my eyes half open and the remnants of my drool stuck to my cheek.

Luke was a life saver, quite literally after my stupid flip flop caused me to fall into the pool because of course that would happen to only me. But he was also extremely kind to me, no matter how sleep deprived we both were.

The sun was a few centimetres of the horizon, long streaks of clouds filling the pale blue sky and a cold yet pleasant breeze sweep through the empty courtyard.

"See you in class, Hay?" Sasha who was basically a fucking mermaid with her long, blonde coils waves as her and the two other girls in the swim team begin heading towards the winding path leading to Arlington.

I wave back, "Yeah, see ya."

As they turn to leave, I'm left with the five other guys who dorm in Elwood, including Luke who walks idly by my side. I adjust my gym bag on my shoulder and glance down at, in hindsight, possibly my worst fashion decision yet; blue striped socks and black Birkenstocks. But then again I was cold and I'm too damn tired to tie up shoelaces.

"Did you guys hear one of the groundskeepers and the chemistry teacher Ms Andrews were caught making out in Chemistry Lab A late last night?" Mark spills the tea on yet another Caldwell Academy scandal as I glance over my shoulder at him, "There aren't any pictures sadly, but news fucking spread."

"Damn, well I'm dissapointed now. Thanks a lot Mark." I comment sarcastically and pout as the guys' laughter echoes through the quiet courtyard.

We split off as we enter into the large foyer of Elwood hall and Luke walks with me up to my door. I fumble with my keys out of my pocket as he stops and turns around with the heart-warming smile of his.

"I'll see you later?" He questions as I smile soft at him.

I nod with a small hum, "Hopefully. If not it's because Everett has murdered me and stored my body in the hot water cabinet for waking him up so early."

"I'll tell the cops." Luke grins before waving goodbye and heading down the hall to his own dorm. I slide my key into the lock and open the door, almost bumping into Chase who was standing on the other side. Ah. 

There's nothing like a shirtless boy in grey sweatpants to brighten your morning. What? I'm not blind and Chase is a very attractive guy. Too bad he's an asswipe though.

"Uh, morning? I question as I skirt past him and drop my black and blue duffel bag onto the surface of my desk.

Chase grabs a towel draped over the corner of his large, wooden closet, "What? Is it not a good morning?"

"If it were good, I would not be awake and you would not be here." I remark as I kick of my sandals and walk over to my phone which was still charging beside my bed.

"Well, your dream is coming partially true because I'm going for a shower." He explains, twirling his dorm key on his finger as he opens the door. A few guys walk past chatting; the usual morning buzz of Elwood hall before class begins in full swing.

"I didn't ask." I mumble under my breath, reading the text Penn had sent me about her and Vera heading to the dining hall early. Chase doens't say anything else as he leaves, closing the door behind him. I sigh as I drop my phone on my bed and pull my sweatshirt from my body.

I quickly change into my uniform, my chubby fingers tumbling on the buttons of my blouse more than once. I damp wet blonde hair into somewhat of a pony tail  on top of my head, leaving a few strands to frame my face and slip my denim jacket onto my shoulders. As I'm loading my textbooks needed for the day into my backpack, an idea runs laps through my head.

A small smirk forms on my lips as I quickly finish getting ready for the day and leave my dorm room, remembering to the lock the door behind me. I head towards the communal bathroom down the hall and pass three guys who have finished showering, their faces slightly pink and their hair wet.

"Finally braving the showers, Hayden?" One of them questions while the other two giggle lamely.

I roll my eyes and retort sarcastically, "Yes, because I'm going to shower in my uniform."

 They chuckle as I pass them and I slowly push the door to the bathroom open. A cloud of steam wafts into the hall way and I creep in. The shower stalls are open with no curtains, another reason why I would rather run in front of a speeding bus then shower in here. I glance at the stalls, the only one occupied with Chase.

His back was to me and I tear my eyes away from the water running down his muscular back and his insanely nice butt. Goddamn, even his butt is gorgeous. Okay, now you're officially a creep Hayden. Good job. 

Shaking my head at myself, I tip toe over to where his pile of clothes and towel rested on the bench. And right on top was his dorm key.

I scoop everything into my arms and turn around to face Chase, "Have fun getting back into the dorm, Everett."

He glances over his shoulder at me in shock, his hand covering his special jewels. I smirk as I wave his dorm key at him before turning and sprinting from the bathroom.

"Fuck! Jones!" I hear him shout my last name as I race down the hall, almost loosing my footing as I fly down the flights of stairs. I could hear him behind me as well as a chorus of wolf whistle from other Elwood residents. I could see doors to different dorms opening as guys stick their head sout in curiosity of what all the noise was.

The grounds had become a bit more populated since this morning and everyone stares in shock as I run out of the hall with a naked Chase hot on my heels. I run over the grass as girls shriek and guys burst out laughing. I could hear the heckles of other students as I fly past them.

I run to the dining hall which was quiet a far bit from Elwood and I was really proud of myself that I actually made it. I really gotta start excersising more. A large group of students were surrounding the patio outside of the dining hall and I turn around as Chase runs in the middle.

I smile at him as I drop his clothes to the ground and let his key go lastly, the small metal object landing on the pile of fabric. Both hands were covering privates as he stood in the middle of the crowd of laughing pupils.

"Have a nice day, roomie." I smirk as I turn around and walk into the dining hall, my stomach rumbling for food. But then again, it rumbles for food regardless of the time of day.  

this chapter is kinda based on something that happened a few weeks ago in my hall at university actually

i thought it was so funny seeing this guy whop lives literally two doors dow from me running around campus butt ass naked. 

anyway, hope you guys liked the chapter even if it's short again. i promise, the next one will be longer!