two

"Oh yes, I've seen who is moving in and I'm sure he will be to your standards as well,"  I flicked the ash from my cigarette, laughing quietly as I sat on my front porch. The morning air was crisp at 56 degrees, and the birds couldn't have been noisier. Elana was on the other end of the phone squeezed between my jaw and shoulder.

"What? I haven't talked to him, are you crazy? I'm only a gentleman when I feel the need to be one."

"No, I don't exactly feel the need to be one to the hot new neighbor moving in."

"I'm not being sarcastic!"

"Elana, I swear I'm not being sarcastic...OKAY, BUT... whatever.. see you later," I let the phone drop from my shoulder and onto my lap.

To be quite honest, the new neighbor has a nice ass. That is, what I could see from 3 houses down. It's only been five days since the "Sold" sign went up, meaning he probably wanted to get here, fast.
I always wondered why people chose to move here, Maryland. There are so many different states filled with much more wonderful things than here, in Maryland, in a very small town.

My phone rang again. It was only 10:30 in the morning. I glanced over to see who it was while smashing my cigarette, grunting once I saw the name. I didn't pick up. Instead, I pulled out my sketchpad and started roughly shaping the houses and trees across the street. It was easy for me to get lost in art. Before I knew it, it was 12:00 and I heard a car coming down the street. This car especially peaked my interest because it sounded familiar. It's funny how we remember such small things. A Civic from 2002. Then, it clicked. Dominic.
Dominic turned his keys, the car hissing to a stop. He didn't even bother to close his windows. "Hey, pal," His voice echoed from inside of his car.

"Pal? You're calling me pal?" I dropped the sketchbook on the table next to my chair, a small grin pulling my lips up. 
"I think that's what I said, nerd," He smirked, and I wrapped my arms tightly around his waist once he was on my porch with me.
"This better be the best damn hug you ever got," I said while laughing quietly.

"It's definitely up there on the charts," Dominic grinned and his arms began to wrap around my neck, his embrace warm.
"Why didn't you answer earlier?" His head was rested on top of mine which was now nestled on his shoulder, and I sighed a bit, shrugging.
"I guess, I didn't want to deal with anyone. These past few days have been kind of weird, you know. Falling in and out of hangovers, smoking too much, arguing too much. I mean, I'm still lucky Elana will listen to me, because if she didn't I'd be screwed. Also, I kind of acted up in a restaurant with my parents this past Tuesday and I haven't apologized ye-"
Dominic knew how to shut me up. His lips gently pressed against mine, my eyes drifting closed before I realized what was happening. I pulled away slightly, my arms still around him.
"Why did you do that?" I asked, puzzled.
"I kind of missed you a lot this morning," He was looking down, his face flushed.

"Well, Dominic, you could have just called," My eyebrows rose as I carefully studied his face. Brown ruffled hair and hazel eyes. He smiled slightly, sticking his tongue out, "Smartass."
Suddenly, my eyes darted to the bright blue car driving down the street. I watched closely as Dominic began to talk about his parents or something. It was the new neighbor.

Immediately, I turned my attention back to Dominic. Then, I thought. I thought that if the new neighbor sees me like this with Dominic, he will assume I'm gay. He will assume I'm gay and taken. Which I'm not. I'd never date this slut again. But, If the new neighbor is straight or something, well then, I guess it doesn't matter. But I didn't want the new neighbor to judge me.

"You smell like cigarettes," he bluntly said.
"Oh, what? Sorry," I frowned, nodding back towards the pack on the table next to my sketch pad. "Nah, it's kind of hot," Dominic showed that look, the look I knew too well. He wanted me, but I didn't want him. However, I was willing to play along for a little.

"Oh yeah? You think so?" I smirked and tugged his body closer to mine. He responded with a quiet, throaty groan, his hand reaching down to grab my ass.

I knew this was sort of wrong, but wrong in the good way. I took his hand, pulling him back into the porch so my calves hit the chair I was previously sitting in. Dominic twisted us around so he could fall back into the chair. I climbed on top of him, my legs straddling his waist as our lips met once again. I could taste the desperation. I knew he wanted me in the worst way. I let him kiss my neck and shoulders, trying to be as quiet as possible.

Then, it happened. By "it", I mean the new neighbor walking past my house. I heard footsteps in the midst of Dominic's quiet whimpering and whispering, and I was able to take a glance while he practically ate my neck.

"Woah," I jolted slightly, quickly getting off Dominic. "Dude, what the hell just happened?" Dominic pushed his hair out of his face, looking up at me.

"Nothing, I just forgot to eat the rest of Elana's fruit salad," I nervously let words flow from my wet lips, glancing back to make sure the new neighbor was past my house.

"Are you fucking serious?" Dominic stood up, pushing me. He pushed like a girl. I barely moved. "I'm sorry, I don't know what has gotten into me lately. I think I'm just going to go inside and finish these sketches," My fingers stumbled to pick up the notepad and pencil.
"Whatever, I guess you're an ex for a fucking reason," Dominic made his way back to the car, flinging both arms in the air as he walked, flipping me off.

"I guess you're still a slut for a fucking reason," I could only hope he heard me since he seemed like he was in a huge rush. Actually, he was in a rush. Truth is, I could care less about fruit salad.

My sights were set on neighbor man. He was turning around the cul de sac and making his way back. He even crossed the street so he was on the same side he walked down on. Once Dominic drove away, I sat in the grass, glancing periodically as he made his way back up the street. I placed my open notepad next to me. Maybe it would spark conversation.

"Seems like you and that dude were getting pretty friendly over there," Neighbor man spoke softly while he briskly walked by, a small smirk arising on his face.
My jaw slightly dropped, smiling a bit in return of his shocking words to appear friendly. I looked around, repeating in my mind as he made his way well past my house, "Pretty friendly over there."
"You and that dude."

"What an asshole," I mumbled, glaring slightly as I watched him approach his new home. His ass still looked good. In fact, everything looked good. He was hot. Smoking, in fact.
The moving truck pulled up about five minutes later. Luckily I had my sketchbook to put an edge on the anger that was quickly rising.
Elana, I thought, standing up to grab my phone on the porch table.

I sent her one text that simply said, Neighbor man is a bit of an asshole.