fourteen

I slammed the snooze button on my alarm clock, rubbing my eyes as I slowly became aware of my surroundings. An anxious feeling churned in my stomach as I realized today was the day Marcus got married. I pulled myself into the shower, then forced myself to clean up and get dressed.
I knew today was the day that nobody really wanted to face, except for Brunette.
I put a nice outfit together fairly quick, styling my hair a little more than usual.
My phone has been dead since I dropped Marcus off last night. Elana didn't even bother to call or text once my phone charged, maybe she's annoyed with me. Either way, the feeling in my stomach wasn't budging.
The wedding started promptly at 10. I had two hours. I could barely force down a bowl of cereal and orange juice. I just had this lingering feeling and it wasn't a good one. When the time came, I shuffled outside into the cool morning air. The day was generally gray and eerie. No sign of anything at Marcus' house. My car putted down the street and got me to the church in time, 15 minutes to spare.
I couldn't find Marcus anywhere, I desperately wanted to see him. I wanted to hug him. Hell, I wanted to kiss him. He probably looked superb in a tuxedo. I cautiously approached an older man planted by the huge doors that entered into the church, "Hi, do you know where the groom is?" The man slowly turned his head to look at me, his facial features staying the same, "Go inside, make a right, head back till you see a door. Should be in there." The man returned to the direction he was looking before I interrupted. A feeling of happiness rushed through my body at his answer, "Thank you, sir." The man nodded and I hurridly made my way inside, following his directions.
I found the door. I knocked. He answered, "Ari? What are you doing back here?"
He sounded shocked and surprised as he pulled the door open fully.
"I.. missed you," A half smile curved my lips as I realized how silly my answer was.
"Well, honeybun, you better work on not missing me," He smirked and grabbed my hand, pulling me into the room with him, "I'm almost a married man."
Marcus played with the cuffs on his tuxedo, his face appearing worried, "Married,"
He emphasized the word, "When all I want, is to be with you."
I just shrugged, a loss of words and blank sentences forming inside my head, "I've known you for such a short time but I like you. A lot."
He laughed slightly at my statement, shaking his head. His hair fell into his eyes.
He turned towards me, picking up my hand again, kissing the back of it, "Maybe you can be my little secret."
I laughed and glared at him at the same time.
"You're wife wouldn't appreciate that," I playfully responded.
Marcus shifted his eyes to mine, mumbling against my hand, "Who said she's going to be my wife?"
"You're getting married, Marcus," I reminded him with sincerity.
"We'll see," he simply responded.
With that said, he gave me a kiss and pushed me out the door to find my seat in the pews.
That boy, he really confuses me sometimes.

The wedding has started. I spotted Marcus over a bunch of balding heads and grey hair, he was standing at the end of the aisle right where he should be.
Prostitute, er, brunette, started to walk down the aisle with her very old looking father.
Marcus was looking at the pews, and I swear we made eye contact. He smiled, and started to walk down the aisle a bit towards the bride. Everyone gasped and watched Marcus. However, Marcus went right past his bride which made most of the viewers gasp even louder and whip their heads around in all different directions, wondering where the groom was going. Some people even stood up to look, and I heard brunette gasp Marcus's name in an annoyed tone.
All I focused on was him, he was making his way to me. He looked down at me, smiling wide as he took my hand, pulling me up.
I was forced to stand, but I didn't care. He placed a finger under my chin, tilting my head upwards a bit before kissing me, in front of loved ones, friends, and grandparents. The background noise sounded like chaos but once again, I didn't care. He was kissing me and that's all I focused on.
Our kiss was rudely interrupted by the brides hand smacking against Marcus's face, her nails scratching my cheek, "You fucking idiot!"
She angrily pulled him away from me, punching his face a few times before some huge ass men pulled her away, "Idiot! I knew you were a fag! That's why you never wanted to have sex with me!" She was kicking and screaming into the air, pulling her veil off like a three year old throwing a tantrum. I rushed over to Marcus, who seemed to be in no pain.
He embraced me in a hug, whispering, "I told you."
We stood there for a few minutes, and I realized I was falling hard for this incredibly amazing guy.
"Marcus, MARCUS!"
We were torn apart once again.
"What are you thinking?" His mom was angry, sternly pointing to me. I glanced at Marcus and he brushed his thumb across my cheek, kissing it afterwards. He ignored his mom for a moment to gaze at me, and his eyes looked glazed.
"Go back home, I'll sort this all out," He calmly told me.
His mother was raging in the background, and I managed to leave before anyone tried to beat me up too. It was hard to dodge through all the angry people in the church, hearing some of their rude whispers on my way outside.
I was feeling amazing, though. I was so happy, I sang the whole way home with the windows down. I changed my clothes, wearing an oversized shirt and sweatpants, trying to erase the wedding itself from my mind; not Marcus.
I crashed on the couch.

Apparently several hours passed, because when I woke up, my feet were resting in Marcus's lap as he surfed the channels.
"I see you made it inside just fine," I laughed as I stretched my arms. He laughed, muting the tv, "You don't lock your doors. That's a problem."
I shrugged, stretching while I pressed my foot against his cheek.
"Gross," He pushed my foot down, sticking his tongue out.
"How did things go?"
Marcus shrugged, picking up the remote to surf the channels again, "Parents hate me. Mostly everyone hates me. Just because I'm gay. But I have you, and that's all that matters."
"You have me," I reassured him.
He yawned and shut the tv off, crashing on top of me, "It's 5pm, early enough to go to sleep. Goodnight honeybun."
I let him sleep on my chest even though my back hurt and my legs were stiff.
It felt right.

---

Thanks for reading! Comment/vote if you'd like!

---