FIVE

"You look like shit," Vincent greets, extending a large styrofoam cup with my name scribbled on the side

"You look like shit," Vincent greets, extending a large styrofoam cup with my name scribbled on the side. "I heard about you getting drunk and I wasn't sure whether I believed it or not."

I greedily drink coffee - even if it's my third in three hours - and feel soothed by the bitter taste. My eyes roll to the back of my head at the same time my toes curl, a good indication that the coffee is delicious. I hum around the mouthpiece, registering Vincent's words.

"What do you mean you heard about it?"

He steps back when I move closer, putting in my combination so I can get my things out. "Some junior spread around you were so drunk that you tried to start an orgy . . . I knew that wasn't true and so did most people, but she sold the intoxicated part that some people thought you had alcohol poisoning."

"You know you're just as bad as a gossip than everyone else."

"I prefer being in the know. I don't like surprises," He shrugs, scanning me head to toe. "You know you're not exactly screaming sober right now. "

"Whenever I drink more than I should I'm extremely exhausted for a few days," I explain, stacking my textbooks in my arms. "I'm tired, it's morning, a Monday and some little bitch thinks it's okay to spread lies. Excuse me for not looking ready for the catwalk."

I purposely slam my locker shut, walking away and rolling my eyes internally when Vincent catches up. "You aren't a morning person, are you?"

"No. I'm not and you're getting on my nerves so silence would be good, " I stop at the intersection, tapping my nails against the spines of my books. "Do you know who's spreading the lies around?"

"Juliette Morris."

I narrow my eyes at him when he grins. "What is that look for?"

"Well you're not in a particularly good mood and I'd hate to be her . . . see you in Chemistry?"

Nodding stiffly I separated from him to head to the pool. Sunday I was sent an email from Coach asking me to arrange the team to be at the pool by eight-thirty. I explained I'd arrange that but I'd be a few minutes late from tutoring.

She was fine with my reason but nobody else would be tolerated for being late. Downing a substantial amount of coffee in the cup, I fish my phone from my jeans to get the front camera.

I shamelessly hold it in front of me while walking and frown when I realize I do look pretty hellish. My eyes are dull - a telltale sign of exhaustion - plus my face is bare from any makeup. I look pale and horrible which doesn't sit well with me.

Checking the time in the top right corner I quicken my pace so I can make a detour. The hallways are barely alive with people, those present are sluggish and zombie-like as typical Mondays go. Most stay outside as opposed to coming into the building.