ELEVEN

Even though Vincent isn't speaking to me after the pool incident I turned up to the party anyway

Even though Vincent isn't speaking to me after the pool incident I turned up to the party anyway. My mind couldn't concentrate on a certain train of  thought so it was pointless trying to study. Especially when my dad is at the hospital all night.

I hate being in that house by myself all night.

I weave through the blockage of people in the foyer who are being given glow sticks of various colours. Reluctantly I take a neutral one and stuff it into the waistband of my skirt. I'll deal with the glow stick later.

Right now, I want a drink. I can practically feel the tension knots in my shoulders and head, all needing an immediate release before someone is unfortunate enough to be the punching bag. Odds are it'll be the person lease deserving of their head being ripped off.

Sam was right, I need to relax for a night.

Scowling I swoop the half full bottle of vodka from the counter. Beside it are at least five other bottles and a quick glance at the other kitchen benches tells me they won't miss it. Unscrewing the lid I take a sip and nearly cough it up when someone slides beside me.

"I didn't think you were a heavy drinker," Vincent raises an eyebrow and looks at the bottle with mild concern. "Please tell me that wasn't full when you opened it because last time that happened . . ."

"I thought you were mad at me." I have to raise my voice as the song changes to a rock version of 'In My Head'.

He shrugs his shoulders. "You acted like a royal bitch but I saw the bottle and knew something was wrong."

"Awe, how sweet."

"Are you going to be like this all night?" He asks and stands up straight before pulling the glow stick from my waistband. "You should have this on."

I shake my head. "I'm good without it."

"It's meant to be for a game later on," He explains and pulls my wrist out. As he latches on I take another pull from the bottle, longer this time to adjust to the burn. "Should I be worried?"

Clearing my throat to recover from the burn I give a tight lipped smile. "Aren't I allowed to drink?"

"You told me you were a lightweight last weekend," He reminds and tightens the clasp. I fidget briefly with the blue band, waiting for him to get to the point. "I didn't think you were the type to drink their worries away."

I look into the bottle and shrugged timidly. "Seems like a good idea - I want to have fun."

Vincent eyes me warily before nodding and taking a drink from his own bottle of beer. "You can be my partner for beer pong."

He extends his hand for me and I know that I shouldn't take it. The first and last time I played beer pong was with Summer in freshman year. I ended up puking for an hour after we lost by epic proportions to our captains. It was their hazing of sorts as a welcome to the squad - all freshmen on the squad spent the first month doing ridiculous things for the elders amusement.