NINETEEN

"So this is it," Nina parks in the driveway behind Sam's car and I stare through the windshield at Trick's house

"So this is it," Nina parks in the driveway behind Sam's car and I stare through the windshield at Trick's house. "Extra as his personality is."

From the exterior it looks like a replica of mine - the only differences being there's blooming roses out the front, the house isn't on a slope and the color scheme is pale gray not navy. I exhale deeply, rolling my head to Nina.

"His house is a lot like mine."

"That may be true but you don't brag about it," She gathers her phone and keys before giving me a soft smile. "Are you okay? I know today was a little . . . rough . . . "

I suck my lips in at the mention of how well my run-in with Faye went. "I'm perfectly fine . . . I can't say she will be when I'm done with her."

"That's fair," She nods and opens the car door slightly. "Bring the bitch down."

Nina climbs out, rounding the car to greet one of the guys that have come out to meet us - her to be precise. I feel my skin boiling with rage and unwanted embarrassment at the reminder of what happened during lunch.

》》》

"I don't get why I can't sign your cast," Travis repeats himself for the thirteenth time in ten minutes.

He tried yesterday with a sharpie but I threatened to stab him with my plastic fork so he retreated - this time he's across the table. A smart choice but he's still getting under my nerves.

"Because I don't want anything insignificant or irrelevant doodles on it. That's why nobody is signing it."

He rolls his eyes but they light up when he sees something behind me. "Hello, sexy."

"Bite me," Faye scoffs and places her hand on the back of my chair. I look over my shoulder at her and freeze at the placid look being directed my way. "I wanted to tell you not to bother turning up this afternoon."

"Excuse me?" I balk.

"Considering your behavior you won't be excused anymore so watch the tone," I blink several times and chuckled humorlessly. "Today we're doing stunts and you're quite useless at those, so your existence being at practice is pointless."

"Tuesday afternoons are meant to be fitness." I remind her.

"That's when you were captain and newsflash, you aren't anymore. I'm in charge," Her hand moves to my shoulder and I pivot to stand up, face to face with her. She does a once over, scoffing and glaring as if I'm beneath her. "Have you got something to say to me?"

"I think you need to remember who exactly you're speaking to because I know this isn't you."

"No. This is who I should've been from the start and you should have cracked freshman year, and became the nerd you are, ''she drops her voice, stepping in with a wicked smile. "It's a long fall from the top and I intend to make sure you're where you belong - with the trash."