1

Arkyn walked into the school to enrol. It was tedious, but if he wanted to fit in, school was mandatory. He got his timetable from the lady at the desk, and was looking for his next class, when he bumped into Bonnie.
"Sorry!" They both apologised simultaneously.
"Sorry." He repeated. "Hi, I'm Arkyn, my friends call me Ark."
"Hey!" She smiled.
"Can you help me? I'm looking for Calc with a Mr Lewis?"
"Yeah, of course. It's on the right, end of the hall." She smiled.
"Thanks. Nice meeting you..." he trailed off.
"Bonnie. I'm Bonnie."
"Nice meeting you Bonnie." He smiled, and walked off. And for the rest of the day, the young witch would be imprinted on his mind.

Arkyn didn't get a chance to see her until the following day. He was at the Grill, when he saw her with a girl. A doppelgänger. Tatia's doppelgänger. He listened in to their conversation as he drank his drink, occasionally looking over.
"First of all, the Elena I know would always want the real truth, good or bad." So that was the doppelgänger's name. Elena.
"And second of all?" Elena asked and Bonnie leaned in with a whisper.
"You just found out your boyfriend is a vampire, so unless your birthparents are aliens..." They laughed. "How bad could it be?"
"Ah, ok, look, I have to go to the store. My outfit for the dance is severely lacking accessories." Elena said.
"Ok, I'll pay the bill." Bonnie smiled.
"Ok. Bye." Elena stood but leaned back in. "You don't have a date right?"
"I have a Caroline." Bonnie replied, and she laughed.
"Well, I think Caroline would forgive you if you maybe asked cutie at the bar out. He's been looking over at you since we walked in." Arkyn's eyes widened, as he faced the bar top. He hadn't thought he was being obvious.
"Who, Ark?" Elena sat back down.
"He has a name?" She asked.
"Of course he does. Everyone has a name." Arkyn laughed slightly at her response.
"You know what I mean!" Elena frowned at her friend. "Who is he?"
"He's a new kid at school."
"Ask him out!" Elena encouraged.
"I can't ask him out. Besides Caroline would be pissed if I ditched her."
"No she won't. Come on."
"Don't you have to go to the store?"
"This is not over." Elena frowned, before leaving. A man approached Bonnie as she started to walk from her table.
"What do you want from me?"
"I think we need a fresh start."
"You tried to kill me." Arkyn slightly tensed at this, in anger, and started to walk over.
"But I didn't, and if I wanted to, I would have. Does that not count for anything?"
"You know, I can start fires with my mind. Fires kill vampires, right? Just stay the hell away from me."
"Everything ok over here?" He asked, approaching them.
"Yeah, we're fine." Damon said.
"I wasn't talking to you." Arkyn glared at the baby vampire in front of him. Damon scowled, before finally walking away.
"Thank you." Bonnie smiled at Arkyn.
"Anytime. Bonnie, right?"
"Yeah. You remember me?"
"How could I ever forget such a pretty face?" She looked down, and played with the ends of her hair.
"I was actually coming over to you."
"Yeah?"
"Yeah," She looked up at him. "I don't know if you've heard, but there's this dance. I was wondering if maybe you'd like to come with me?"
"I-" he hesitated, but made up his mind. "I'd love to."
"It's a themed dance."
"What's the theme?"
"Fifties decade. Mystic Falls has these decade dances."
"Well, I'd be honoured to go with you. What time is it?"
"Here, give me your phone." He held his phone out. She took it and typed in her number. She sent a text to her own phone. "Okay, so I will text you the details, and my address and you can pick me up?"
"Sounds great." He smiled and she walked away. He couldn't help but wonder if maybe he was making a mistake and if he should stay away.
"Aww, Arkie's got a date." A voice cooed beside him.
"Alexis." He said.
"It's Lex."
"And it's Arkyn for me."
"So you're finally living life for you, to hell with your family."
"What are you talking about?"
"Just that it's not every day a special gal catches your eye." Another voice joined in.
"Xavier-"
"Fine, I'll back off." Xavier raised his hands in defence.
"But you'll be seeing me around starting Monday. Also, where are you staying?" Alexis said
"First of all, really? You want to go to school. And I thought you guys were staying in L.A."
"Well, you got a place. In my name, so we wanted to see what new place I own." Xavier smirked.
"Plus L.A's just not the same without you. But if you don't accommodate us... well, maybe we'll just catch up with Bonnie. She seems friendly enough."
"Point taken." He rolled his eyes.
"Great. Now, I'm sure you've got a suit somewhere." Alexis grinned.
"Who says I ever wore a suit in the fifties?"
"I saw pictures." She teased.
"You really need to stop snooping around my life."
"Whatever, where'd you keep your clothes?"
"I have an apartment not too far out. I can drive there and back in time for the dance. Are you coming to the dance too?"
"Of course. But don't worry, I came prepared." Alexis smirked.
"Not me. I'm a bit old for high school parties."
"Since when has that ever stopped you?" Arkyn rolled his eyes, and handed Alexis his keys. "Walk down to the end of the road, take a left, and then the first right. My door number's twenty nine."
"Great." She snatched his keys. "See ya later, Ark."
"Bye, Lex. Xavier."