45

The next morning, Arkyn made breakfast for Xavier and Alexis. The siblings came down together, looking confused at the spread on the table.
"What's wrong?" Alexis sighed, taking a seat, and piling food on her plate. Xavier followed her example.
"Why would anything be wrong?"
"The last time you made breakfast was when you told us you were going to leave LA. Time before that was with mom when you both were going to tell us she had cancer. You making breakfast always equals bad news." Xavier said.
"Nothing is wrong." Arkyn said. "We just need to talk."
"Oh god, we're so grounded." Alexis said.
"The opposite, actually." Arkyn said. "Look, you guys put yourselves- your lives in danger, because of me. You got lucky this time, but what if the next time you decide to do something like this you don't survive?"
"If you're waiting for an apology, you're wasting your time."
"I know. And I should've taken you guys out of town before any of us got attached. The moment I realised Klaus or Elijah were coming. For god's sake in the past few months, Alexis you've gotten kidnapped, you both exhausted your magic in two separate incidents and the two of you tried to go up against the most powerful creature to exist. And that is on me. I should have known something was up. But I didn't. And it's becoming clear that you guys are too stubborn to listen to me anymore. So, that leaves us with one solution." He took a seat opposite them. "The two of you need discipline, and there's only one person I know more stubborn than you."
"No.." Xavier put his fork down.
"Yes. This summer, the two of you are spending quality time with Ruby."
"No." Alexis shook her head.
"Yes. End of next week, I'm personally dropping you off. I've already talked to her."
"You can't do that. We barely survive weekends with her. How the hell are we supposed to survive months?"
"Should've thought about that first. Consider this your punishment." He stood up and walked out. Alexis looked at her brother, who sighed and went after Arkyn.
"Ark!" Xavier called. Arkyn stopped and looked at him.
"You can't change my mind."
"We can't go to Ruby."
"You can and you will. End of discussion."
"Not end of discussion."
"I told you guys not to get involved with Klaus. You did the exact opposite."
"So you're gonna just ship us off to the woman who hates you?"
"Why not?" He shrugged. "You made your bed. So face the consequences."
"Ark."
"Before I forget, I left your letters on the coffee table in the sitting room."
"What letters?"
"College replies. You know. The ones you sent out?"
"I forgot about that."
"Go check them out." Arkyn said and his phone rang. It was Stefan Salvatore. "Stefan." He greeted.
"I need to know if you know of a cure for a werewolf bite."
"What?"
"Is there a cure for a werewolf bite?"
"Who got bitten?"
"Damon."
"Look. There has never been a non original vampire who survived a wolf bite."
"But...?" Stefan asked.
"I once heard of a rumour. Give me a little bit. I'll see what I can do."
"Wait- what is it?"
"Just give me some time." Arkyn said and hung up.
"Who got bitten by a werewolf?" Xavier asked.
"One guess." Arkyn said.
"Damon Salvatore?"
"Bingo." Arkyn said before speeding out of the house. He headed out to the history teacher's apartment to see if Klaus was still there. He opened the door only to find he couldn't go in. He'd never been invited in.
"Ark." Katherine said. Speeding to the door.
"So Klaus did get you." He said and she shrugged. "Is he here?"
"He hasn't been back since." She said and he nodded turning away. "Ark! You can't leave me here."
"I can." He said. "And I am." He continued walking away ignoring her calls. Arkyn headed out to the forest, figuring that Klaus was probably still there. He sped around until he found Elijah, who stood in front of a sleeping wolf.
"Is he yet to shift back?" He asked standing beside him.
"Yes." Elijah said. "Why are you here?"
"You remember mother's curse. How all of Klaus's hybrid abilities would be bound?"
"You mean the curse he's been obsessed with for centuries? It rings a vague bell."
"Including his blood and its special properties?"
"What are you getting at?"
"His blood can heal wolf bites, can it not?"
"Who got bitten?"
"The older Salvatore."
"Niklaus won't give you his blood."
"Not unless I have something to bargain, I'm aware. I might not have been by his side for a thousand years, but I'm aware of how he works."
"What could you have to bargain?"
"His life." Arkyn said before noticing Klaus's body morph into a human. He woke up, and Elijah threw clothes at him. Klaus looked over at them.
"You've been busy." Elijah said.
"That was amazing." Klaus said. "How long has it been?"
"Almost two days." Arkyn couldn't find it in himself to match his excitement.
"Full moon came and went. You remained a wolf." Klaus started putting on his clothes as his brothers looked away to give him some privacy.
"I can change at will then. It's good to know. I remember every single kill." Klaus said. He was buttoning up his shirt by the time the boys turned back to him.
"Yes, I've been cleaning up your little mess along the way."
"Just like old times, brother." Arkyn rolled his eyes.