Chapter - 28

Everything happened like a nightmare. Meera couldn't make any decisions. She stood there with shock expression. She always thought Shravan as her brother and respected him like her father. After her father he was the one who treated her like a princess. But she never seen him in the position of husband.

He too did the same, he always treated her like his sister and took care of her like his own sister, how can he marry her. Meera didn't uttered a word. All those thoughts were running in her mind.

"Please don't be silent Meera, tell me that you will marry him. Please ma" he said by shaking her shoulder.

"Stop it appa" he turned to see Maaya  fuming in anger. "How can you ask her to marry him!?. Just now she joined in college, she is just 19. How can she go inside a marriage life in this small age?" she asked without any hesitation. "Yes, What Maaya saying is true. How can you risk our daughter's future? She is too young to accept this marriage" Meera's mom first time opposed his decision.

He looked her unbelievably with hurt. "You too didn't understood me Janagi. If this marriage stopped today, I can't see my sister alive. She faced several struggles in her life. I don't want her to face more. Meera will be correct match for Shravan. Shravan will take good care of her, I trust him" he said in determined tone.

"I don't want any of your opinion, I just want my daughter's approval" by saying this he looked Meera with a hope. That was the most critical situation in Meera's life. She decided to kill her love within herself and she decided to support her father's decision. She was about to say something but stopped by Maaya's voice.

"Don't force her dad. She is not in the position to take correct decision. It's not fair to force her into marriage. Please try to understand" Maaya said in pleading tone.

"I promised my sister that I'll marry my daughter to her son. She came to conscious only after hearing my words, I can't kill her by telling no. Today if this marriage stopped then my life too will end at that moment" he said firmly yet emotionally.

"Please don't say those words appa, I'll accept.." Meera was about to say something but interrupted by Maaya. "I'll marry him" everyone was shocked to hear that from Maaya. Meera looked her with wide eyes. "I'm your daughter too, I'll marry him to make your promise" she said without any expression.

They couldn't believe but Maaya said with determination. "Are you sure?" he asked without belief. "Yes dad, I'm ready for this marriage and make all arrangements" she said without looking his eyes. "That's enough ma, I'll make all arrangement. You get ready and come to stage. You took very good decision by accepting this marriage" he said nervously and ran outside to inform that happy news to Vimala.

Everyone was happy hearing her decision and they made arrangements for marriage in that same date. Vimala consoled Shravan and he accepted that only for her happiness. Everyone resumed their works on marriage and felt relaxed and happy. Except the bride and groom. They both never imagined their life in that way but everything happened for a reason.

"Maaya, Do you truly accept this marriage wholeheartedly?" Janagi asked worriedly. "Yes mom. You don't worry" she consoled her. Janagi went out since someone called her. Meera was still in shock. "Akka, I know you never like Maama, then why you accepted for this marriage" she asked her in disbelief.

"I accepted this because I love you Meera, I don't want you to risk your life. I know what is in your mind long ago. I want you to be happy ever. I always treated you like my kid, mother won't allow her kid to suffer" she said emotionally.

Meera hugged her and cried her heart out. Maaya too had tears but she consoled Meera. She took one important decision in her life which was going to change her lifestyle but she didn't care and got ready for her marriage.