Chapter 25: Seeing Red

It's the day before Christmas Eve and I'm having a spazz attack.

Unedited (because I'm fricking lazy, ok.)
I hope there are no grammatical errors though!! (Dismiss them if there are)
_

Jungkook:
Hey
I have something to ask u

Taehyung's heart sped up and he subconsciously smiled at the thought of talking to Jungkook.

Taehyung:
Oh?
Ok

Taehyung gulped, curious as to what the other was going to ask.

Jungkook:
Wanna just FaceTime? It's easier than texting

Taehyung was too ecstatic at the thought of talking to the other that he didn't realize he most likely had some sort of bruises on his face. He typed a response without even completely thinking, his thumbs flying so fast across his phone screen.

Taehyung:
Sure

His half lidded eyes processed the sent message, realizing what he had just done. Shit.

He panicked, quickly rushing towards the mirror to see if there was much that Jungkook would notice. There were bruises dotting the left side of his thin face, still settling but already a deep purple. His hair was a mess, he looked tired and he was beat up. He was basically just a living pile of trash at that moment.

His phone lit up, the marimba tone beginning to play and he panicked, worried his father would hear.

Jungkook is calling

He furiously tapped his phone screen, trying to pick up the stupid phone and quiet the ringtone that was blasting throughout his room. What if his dad heard?

Swiping the answer notification, his phone opened and the screen lit up with a moving image of Jungkook. At the same time he shut off the main light in his room and turned on a little lamp so there would be little light and less of a chance that the other would see the bruises.

"Hey Tae~" The younger greeted loudly, and the silver haired jumped, moving to turn his volume down before realizing it was already on the lowest level it could go. Well shit.

"H-hi Kook." Taehyung coughed into his hand, mildly blushing. Why was he this way? He was never this way around Jimin.

"I was wondering~" Jungkook played with his hair in the camera, his wide eyes and tousled dark hair giving him the air of a little child. "What are you doing over the break?"

Taehyung sighed. "Not much, it's just my dad and I, we're not going anywhere." The silver haired ran a hand through his hair as he made sure to stay in terrible lighting.

"Were you napping or something?" Jungkook asked, raising a brow.

"No why?"

"You look tired and your room's dimly lit." The brunet stated and Taehyung's mind raced for some sort of excuse instead of: 'My dad beat me again and I don't want you to see the bruises.'

"I had a headache." He lied, looking towards his door and still hoping his father wasn't home and couldn't hear them talking. Hopefully he was out at a pub or something other than their foul home. Was the apartment that Taehyung lived in even worthy of being called home?