chapter 12

I wake up in front of my house

I wake up in front of my house. It was sunny outside. Birds were chirping. It felt like summer weather. I look at my hands and they look almost see through. I look at my property. All the plants look dead. The house looks like it hasn't been kept up with in awhile. I walk up and open the door and I look around. The house looks and smells horrible. I see my father passed out on the couch. "Dad?" I say walking more into my house.
My whole house is covered with beer cans and bottles.I look at the island and it has a evection notice from the town. I walk slowly past him into my room. My bed looked like it hasn't been slept in months. I walk over to my bed and pat it. Dust flies up and it makes me sneeze. I hate dust. I look in my drawers and all my clothes are gone. I look in my desk and everything is gone but pictures of me and my friends.
I walk into my dads room and it's a mess. I observed his room. He had beer bottles in here too. Dried throw up on the floor, he definitely hasn't done laundry. I bend down and look at a serpent jacket on his floor. It wasn't his, he was wearing his. This wasn't mine, mine was smaller. This was Sweet Peas. Why was it all bloody? Why was it in his room? I walk out into the living room. I shake my father. He doesn't wake up. I check his pulse and he has a pulse. "Dad!" I yell pushing him. He doesn't react. I look at him confused.
"He can't feel you."I hear a woman say. I look behind me, it's my mother." "M-Mom? What are you doing here?" I say confused with tears forming. "You are dead." She laughs. "Don't remind me, but sweetheart you're dead too." She says and my eyes widen. "I'm what?" I say and she touches my face. I felt her soft hands hold my jaw. "When that horrible boy Maxx jumped you, you died." She says with a apologetic look. "I-i don't want to be dead mom." I say crying and she pulls me into a hug.
I cry into her shoulder and she rubs my back and brushes my hair with her fingers. She felt so real. "D-do you watch me everyday? Like how I see dad?" She nods. "I saw you with that tall boy, Sweet Pea is his name?" I nod and smiled.
"Wanna know what happened to him when you died?" I nod eagerly. "He killed Maxx, and he's serving life in prison." She says with a sad look. "W-what about Jughead?" I say crying. "He and Gianna got wrapped up in a drug deal because of the snake charmer. She made sure they got caught so they have been in jail. Gianna has been bad though. She's turned to drugs for everything. She lost herself."
"What about Toni? Fangs?" My mother sighs. "Well Toni dropped the gang stuff. She doesn't really leave her house. She just isolates herself. She is scared to let people into her life because everyone has left. And Fangs has been a fighter. He fights anyone in his sights. He lost his best friend and his girlfriend. Sweet Pea is in jail, Gianna just cares about drugs, Jughead is in jail, Toni is scared to open up and Fangs is heartless. And as you can see your father is a alcoholic. FP skipped town and went with his wife and Jellybean. The serpents aren't really a gang anymore. They had no one to lead them. Everything fell apart when you died. That's why you need to go back." My mother said with a smile. "W-what about you?" I say with tears in my eyes.
"I'm not leaving you mom.." I say I hold her hand. "C-come with me! You can come back too!" I say with a smile while crying. She smiles and shakes her head. "I can't baby.. it's too late for me. You need to go back." She says. "Mom no." I say crying and hugging her again. I don't want to leave my mom. She was always my best friend. I could talk to her about everything. She was always there for me.
"You're too young to die. You haven't seen much. And you and that Sweet Pea boy will last. He loves you, even though he doesn't say it. But I'm a mother. I can tell what he's thinking." She says with a soft laugh and I smile. "I love you mommy." I say looking at her and she smiles and hugs me. "I miss you so much baby." She says starting to cry too. "I miss you too mom." I say crying. We pull away and she wipes my tears.
"Before you go back you have to promise me a few things." I nod. "Promise me you won't mess with any Ghoulies again, promise you won't even be friends with one." I nod. "I promise mom." "Promise me you won't get invested into drugs, don't ever do heavy drugs, weed and alcohol I can tolerate, I can't tolerate anything more." "I promise mommy." "Don't EVER make any deals with the snake charmer. No matter how desperately you need help." I look at her and nod. "I promise." "And promise me you always keep your friends close. Tell them about what happened with that boy. They won't be mad, at least not mad at you."
She says.
I smile and nod. "I promise mom." "And promise you be easy on your dad. He has a lot on his plate. He just wants the best for you." I nod and smile. "I know mom but i promise." She smiles and kisses my cheek and holds my hair and caresses my skin. "You're so grown up." She says crying and I smile. "I'm so proud of you Victoria." She says crying and I smile and hug her tightly. "I don't want to leave you." "I wish I could be there, but always know when you call out my name I'm always there I always hear you. Okay? I may not be able to respond, but I hear you." She says and I smile and nod. "I love you Victoria." She says and I smile back. "I love you too mom."
And in that second, I shot up and gasped for air crying, seeing all the doctors look at me like they just saw a miracle.

LMFAO I LITERALLY SOBBED WRITING THIS. But she lives! I love this part so much bc she actually like did die for a hot second but then she came back. I'm also happy she got closure with her mom. Urg I love how this story is turning out.
Enjoy!!