chapter 17

school dances

school dances. I've always dreamed of going to one. Southside never had them because it would've just been a drug party. Plus we never really had the funds for it. I guess you can say we really didn't have a lot of PTA moms. But Riverdale? They have dances a lot. Their theme is a decades dance. I don't know what decade it is right now but I'm sure it's gonna be a fun one. I've always dreamed of living during the 60s or 80s. I don't know it's just always seemed like better times. Plus I couldn't be been a greaser and that would've been fun. Anyways, once I found out I was beyond excited. Jughead was at Veronica's lodge house and missed Friday. But I went into school beyond excited.
I walked into first period and automatically remembered how much I hated this class because of Reggie.
I sat down and in walked the dickhead himself. He sits next to me and taps my shoulder. "Yes?" I say in a bitchy tone. "Are you going to the dance?" He asks and I look at him confused. "Probably, but I'm definitely not going with you." I say giving him a look and I look forward and the teacher starts talking. I feel Reggie lean in. "Why do you hate me so much?" He asks and I turn my head around fast and accidentally slam my head into his. "Ow!" I whisper yell. "You're the one that shot around like a idiot." I give him a look rubbing my head. "And you ask why I hate you." I say rolling my eyes. "Ms. Jones. Mr. Mantle. Am I interrupting you?" The teacher asks in annoyance and I shake my head. "Nope." I say popping the p. "Continue." I say and she smiles and continues talking.
I try to block Reggie out but his annoying voice just kept playing in my ears. "Come on, Ive never met a girl as difficult as you." He says and I look at confused. "I just don't want you, doesn't make me difficult. Jughead told me about all the crap you put him through." I say and roll my eyes and I just look back at the front. "You're nothing like Jughead. You're actually attractive." He says and I pay no attention to him.
I don't need him spreading some rumor that I seduced him  in the science lab. "Look Reggie, I don't want you. You're a dick. I have feelings for someone else and you're not my type." I say with poison laced in my voice. He nods and goes on his phone. Suddenly I hear everyone's phones buzzing. Then I hear my shaking voice asking to go to the bathroom. The kids start laughing and I see Kevin look at me and he looks at Reggie's friend with a pissed off look and the kid shrugs. I shake my head at Reggie. "I hate you."
I say with tears in my eyes and he gives me a mocking sad look and I grab my bag and run out and I see other teens watching the video and they look at me and laugh. I run into the bathroom. I kick a stall in and start sobbing. I was never a fan of embarrassment. I don't handle that well. I kept kicking the stall until I felt arms grab me and pull me back. "Stop it's okay." I hear Cheryl say. I stop and I look at her. "What are you doing?" " You were gonna break the door." She says plain and I look confused. She sighs and looks down. "I know what happened, that you got jumped. Everyone here kinda knows. They think your vulnerable and the fact you keep dissing Reggie is asking for embarrassment. The kid has a big and bad ego."
"Well he is a real dick." I say and she laughs and I smile. "I like you Jones. You are nothing like your dear cousin." I look at her with a slight smile. "Yeah? How?" "For one, you seem fun. He's just a deadbeat hobo." She says and talks quick. "No offense." I shrug. "None taken." "I thought you hated us, like the Southsiders." She smiles and looks down. "Well a southsider has changed my mind about that." She says and I smile. "Awe who?" "Your friend Toni." I look shocked. "You are with Toni?" She never told me. Now that has to be a conversation. She smiles and nods. "Well I'm happy for you two really." I say and she nods. "So you and giant are a thing?" She asks and I shake my head. "We are just really good friends." I say and she scoffs. "You love him. I can just tell. The way you were looking at him when you guys came in. It wasn't a 'you're my friend' type look." I shrug. "Looks can be deceiving Blossom." I say and smile and so does she. "By the way, would I be able to try out for cheer? I've always wanted to do it. I'm pretty flexible and I'm not that bad of a dancer." I say and she nods. "You can try out with Toni, just don't bring that other girl." I look at her confused.
"Gianna? You just rubbed her the wrong way you guys could be friends. She's fun too." She rolls her eyes and nods. "We will see Tori." She says and I smile. "Well thank you for-" I say before we both hear grunting and slamming. We both get a uneasy look and I run out and I see Sweet Pea bearing the crap out of Reggie. I get in the middle of the fight. "Sweet Pea stop!" I scream but he keeps trying to lunge and Archie and Fangs hold him back. "You're dead Reggie!" He screams before we take him away. As we start to walk away Cheryl grabs my arm.
"Just a friend wouldn't fight that hard because of a small video."

I HAVE SOOOOO MANY IDEAS GUYS OMG. I'm genuinely excited for this book but thank you for the vote and the veiws I appreciate it and also thank you for all the recent votes on electric wtf. I hope you guys like everything. But always a budding friendship between Cheryl and Victoria🤩🤩 I love Cheryl and Toni so much ngl. But I love how protective Sweet Pea is. Enjoy and guys you should comment bc I want to interact with you guys so don't feel shy!