chapter 20

After the night I almost slept at Cheryl's, Sweet Pea has been there all the way

After the night I almost slept at Cheryl's, Sweet Pea has been there all the way. It really freaked me out about her mother. I mean she intimidated me more than anything. It's like, she knows things. Like she sees things that no one knows about. Or she can just look in my soul and can see my biggest fears and know I'm weak minded. Who knows.
As the week went by everyone has been hyped up about the dance. Some southsiders thought it was lame but others were excited. Especially me. I was the most excited every since I found out about dances. Like it's like a dream even though it's silly. It's like ever since a kid I dreamed of being a princess and going to these extravagant balls with big gowns, my hair flowing perfectly, those white gloves and especially Prince Charming. And in this case I'm wearing a colorful dress, my hair in a messy half up half down and no hand gloves. But I do have my Prince Charming.
Toni, Cheryl, Gianna, Betty, Veronica, Josie and I decided to get ready.
I knew Cheryl and Gianna were just fake nice to each other but it's better than hating each other and making Toni's life hell. They both care for her to put their distances aside and to get along for Toni's sake. In alittle while Sweets and the guys were coming over. We all finished getting ready and we were all admiring each others beauties.
Gianna walks over and hugs me and whispers in my ear. "I need you to stay with Sweet Pea the whole night okay? Promise me." She says and I get a confused look on her face and I grab her hand and walk in another room. "Why? Gi what's happening." She sighs and looks down. "I didn't want to tell you because I knew it would ruin your night but don't let it. Fangs, Jug and Sweet Pea are already on it and will make sure nothing happens. Just make sure you're around a serpent at all times." She says and I nod.
"But what's going to happen." I ask and she looks down and holds both my hands. "Maxx is out." She says looking into my eyes with guilt. I take a deep breathe and nod. "He doesn't control me. I don't care. He doesn't even go to Riverdale." I say and she smiles and nods and hugs me. "Please just be careful? I have a bad feeling." She says and I nod. "I'll be safe." I say and she smiles.
After another our the guys come. We were at Betty's while her mom was out doing stuff for the newspaper. I wait for Sweet Pea and I see him walk in and stare at me up and down a few times. "Hey Sweets." I say walking up to him. I hold the sides of the bottom of my dress and look up to him. "You look.. stunning." He says and I smile really big. "You really think so?" I say and he smiles and nods. I adjust his bow tie and smile up at him.
He smiles back and Archie speaks up "Everyone ready?" And everyone cheers. We all go in different cars because no one thought to put money together to get a limo. I rode with Gianna, Sweets, and Fangs. We all joked and laughed and then we got to the school. All of us parked with each other and we all walked in. When I walked into the gym I was taken for words.
This isn't the most but it's something. It's a night where I can just hang out with my friends. After a little while of dancing and freaking out the song "Die for you" by The Weeknd plays and everyone calms down and it kinda becomes a slow dance. I put my arms on Sweet Peas shoulders and he puts his hands on my waist. "Just sway back and fourth." I say with a small laugh and he pulls me closer and I hug around his neck basically and we have it so we can both talk into each other's ears.
"Rory?" Sweet Pea says and I whisper back. "Yeah?" "I just wanted you to know that I would die for you. If anything were to happen to you I'd go insane."
I smile and I whisper back. "I'd die for you too Sweet Pea." And I feel him tighten his grip around me and I smile and we just keep swaying. As we keep swaying the song ended and everyone clapped. "I'll be back. I have to go to the bathroom." I say him look uneasy. "Sweets it's just the bathroom. I'll be okay." He sighs and nods. He slips me his knife because I didn't bring mine. "Use it if you have to please." I smile and nod. I kiss him on the cheek and walk out of the cafeteria.
As I approach the bathroom I hear that voice.
"Hello Tori."
Maxx says behind me. I look at him with wide eyes. "Get the hell away from me." I say backing up. Then I see the snake charming appear from behind me. "Your cousin has some business he won't complete for me. I'd love for you to help me.. as leverage." She says with a smile and I shake my head. I know this school better than the both of them.
I turn around and run. Thank god I wore flats. As I'm running I get my phone out and I call Gianna hoping she picks up and she does. "Get Sweets and meet in the main hall now." I say hanging up. "Get back here you serpent!" I hear Maxx scream and then as I turn the corner I see another Ghoulie waiting for me and I scream and then I see someone walk out of the boys bathroom and it was Reggie. But he was just looking at me confused. As the 3 Ghoulies approached I switched Sweets blade out. "Get Jughead!" I scream to Reggie and he nods and runs. "You can't hurt the three of us. You're out numbered." Malachi says with a devilish smirk and I shake my head.
Maxx goes to lunge forward and I cut his hand. He grunts in pain and I get backed up into a corner. More Ghoulies walk over and I sigh. "You stupid bitch. We will kill–" Maxx says before Sweet Pea says pushing him on the ground. Malachi goes to punch Sweet Pea but Archie grabs his hand and throws him down but then Malachi gets on top of him and starts punching him. I got distracted and the snake charmer grabs me and covers my mouth and moves me out of the way. I dropped Sweets knife and then I start freaking out. I try screaming but everyone was too distracted with the other Ghoulies.
As we get outside she pushes me down the stairs and I groan and she follows my flailing body down the stairs as I get down she picks me up by my hair and makes me look in her face. "Your father, uncle, and cousin has come me dirty too many times. I'm not letting you get away with shit. Little serpent." I give her a look. "If you have a problem with my family then take it up with them not me." I say with tears in my eyes and she shakes her head. "Your families burden is your burden too." After a second she strokes my face. "You look just like your mother."
She says and I look at her confused. "What do you know about my mother." She shakes her head. "That she was too good for your scum bag father." "Hey Penny!" I hear Jughead scream and I look at him and smile alittle. She sees I get excited and she makes me stand up and she holds a knife to my neck. I stay tense and everyone walks out, besides Reggie and Sweet Pea.
"Let her go!" Betty screams and she laughs and shakes her head. "Your boy toy has some debts to be owed." She says and Betty gets teary eyed. Veronica looks tense and Archie, Jughead, Kevin and Fangs look like they are about to pounce. Gianna looks like she saw a ghost and Cheryl is standing next to Toni and Toni kept looking towards my left.
I don't turn my head and I look over and see Reggie and Sweet Pea and Josie. Sweet Pea had rage in his eyes and Josie and Reggie kept having to make him keep his place. "Well Jughead. Let this be a message to you and your father and your uncle. Don't mess with the snake charmer." Penny then presses the knife against my skin and I start to scream. Then I hear Sweet Pea yell. "Don't fucking touch her!" And then that distracted Penny's gaze and Gianna ran down and grabbed her arm with the knife and everyone started yelling at her to stop touching Penny.
Penny drops her knife and then kicks Gianna in the gut and she falls. Fangs runs down but then before anyone else could do anything the Ghoulies emerged being lead by Malachi and Maxx. Maxx picks Gianna up and makes her stand and then pushes her towards Fangs and Fangs catches her.
"Call this payback. For jumping me you Serpent trash." He says directed to all of us. I hear Sweet Pea yelling curse words at Maxx and walking over and everyone runs to him besides Fangs and Gianna because Fangs is trying to tend to gianna. "Sweet Pea stop!" I hear Jughead yell but now even the girls need to hold him back. Maxx keeps taunting him. "Don't forget Serpent. She was mine first, and she will continue to be mine." He walked over to me, still in Penny's grasps with a manic smile. He caresses my face and I move away looking at him with sad eyes.
"Hey Penny." Malachi says. "What's up?" She says and Maxx's smile grows. "Let's get her to be a Ghoulie." After that Sweet Pea went insane. "She's not gonna be no Ghoulie, you dick! She's mine she's fucking mine!!" Sweet Pea screams. "My father won't allow this she is a serpent and will forever be a serpent." Jughead says getting extremely pissed off.
After that I felt the knife pierce through my skin and I scream and Maxx screams a manic laugh. Then we hear police sirens and Penny drops me and the Ghoulies run off.
After that everyone ran up to me and Sweet Pea held me in his arms and I couldn't stop crying
There goes my interests into school dances.

Soo this was a long one but it made me sad writing this. And this won't be the last time you see the Ghoulies. They will be back and will do much more damage. Get ready people.