Alyn Crawford x Reader

========================
At that night we're all gathered in the study room.

"Then what should we do?" Asked Leo.
"We were suspicious that someone inside the castle betrayed us. But we're lacking of clue and evidence. The only thing that we can do is to gather more information..." Giles stopped for a while then he continued "we need to send a spy as well."
"Are you sure? That's quite risky." Leo commented.
"It's better if we don't do something reckless." Louis added.
"We just need to prove our suspicion to Stein." Giles said sternly.
"But the kingdom's safety is first." Alyn sighed, leaning on a table.
"What do you think Princes? What should we do?" Giles asked for the princess's opinion, who's already been silent since then.
"I...um..." She seems so lost in thought and not sure what to do "I'm not sure. But... If it's the best that we can do..." She stopped mid-sentence.
Giles takes that as a yes and say "Then the only person who fit for that role is..." He doesn't finish his sentence but I can feel every eyes were on me.
Yes, I'm busy writing and reading on the couch since then. I noticed their gazes so I looked at them and asked "me?"
"Yes." Giles answered simply.
"As a spy?" I asked again.
"Don't say that you can't do that, because I already checked your background. You're the best at acting, and you can manipulate people easily. And you ever worked as an Assassin. And then we can't simply send the Princess, but we trust you and I believe you can protect yourself." He explained.
I secretly looked at Alyn, but his face doesn't give a single hint of changing expression. So I answered "Ok, I'll take it."
Giles give me a reassuring smile "It's alright, it'll only be for a few days, less than a week. You just need to find any information about the possibility of a stein spy in wysteria."
I nodded.
"Alright it's settled then." Giles clapped his hand together. Even though he seems satisfied, but the tension inside the room was intense.

========================

I was walking to my room when Alyn passed by, but he grabbed my hand and whisper in my ear "Be careful. I hoped I can escort you tomorrow."
"Tch" I laughed a bit. "I can take care of myself. I've beat you in a sword match. I'll be fine." I said, but he give me a serious expression. So I also changed mine. Into a cold one maybe "Anyway..." I let go of my hand "you shouldn't show your concern, we shouldn't do this. There's nothing between us, remember our promise." I turned around "You don't want to catch a feeling right..." I whispered to myself

So I went back to my room...

========================
The next morning

I was getting ready on my room. I changed my hairstyle and tied it into some kind of braided bun. I put some make up on and use a contact lens. I wear a shimmering dark blue gown with some jewelry
"Wow! This is so... Not me." I said to myself in front of the miror. Yess I changed my expression when I said the last two words. This is really the opposite of my tomboy nature. I even never wear a dress in wysteria. Except for the first day.

I go down stairs and Giles already waited for me in front of the entrance. He smiled to me "please be safe."
"It's alright, I get it. You don't have to explain everything again." I said after I nodded.
I get in to the carriage and went to Stein.

========================

It was an awful place...
Even though it's a lot more better now, this place was ever known as the 'Reign of Terror'.  It's been closed-off from the surrounding nations for a long time and the influence of it's government had caused a clear disparity of wealth. And as far as I know, Stein ever attempted to overthrow Wysteria. And because of that rocky history with Wysteria, maybe that's the main reason why Giles suspected that there's a spy from Stein.

I learned more about Stein as I'm getting closer to the borders.

To be continued...

Potongan scene dari fanfic Alyn Crawford X Reader
From the midnight Cinderella's game
It's one of the ikemen series an Otome Game