Chapter 5

I woke up in the middle of the night when I heard a baby crying.

Probably Ayaan.

I stood up from my comfortable bed headed to his nursery where I saw his dad rocking him back and forth trying to get him to quiet down.

Asad looked like a mess, his hair was everywhere and his eyes seemed tired.

I carefully took Ayaan from him checking if his diaper is clean or not.

I cleaned Ayaan and put his onesie back on.

I grabbed the bottle of formula milk sitting in a rocking chair feeding him.

Asad just sat quietly not doing anything just watching my actions.

Ayaan finished half his bottle and I burped him rocking him slowly muttering the Kalimah.

He fell asleep and I wiped his tear stained face.

I laid him down in his crib on his little stomach rubbing his little back when he moved.

I walked out of the room not before hearing Asad mumble a "Goodnight."

I turned to him slightly "Goodnight."

I walked back in my new room seeing that the time is nearly fajr time.

I couldn't fall back asleep so I took my morning shower brushing my teeth and making wudhu.

I read Quran until it was Fajr time and I made my Salaah.

I made thikr and Dua asking Allah to guide and protect me and my old family and my new family, asking for a high place in jannah for my parents and all the deceased Ameen.

I stood up from my prayer mat dressing in light wash boyfriend jeans without the rips, white slip on Vans and a red t shirt and a white long cardigan over it wrapping my hair in a red hijab.

I went downstairs and started on breakfast making blueberry muffins, chocolate chip pancakes and freshly squeezed Orange juice.

I set the timer on the oven for 20 minutes for the muffins when I heard Ayaan crying.

I went upstairs to his nursery and when he saw me I couldn't help but grin as he kicked his little legs in excitement, May Allah always let him be happy insha'allah.

"Assalamualaykum." I cooed and he made a bunch of the cutest baby sounds in response.

I made a morning Dua and blew over him then I bathed him.

I dressed the cute little guy in a white crawler with little race cars on it making sure he has a diaper on.

I carried him downstairs setting him in his walker as he is trying to walk.

I took the muffins out of the oven letting them cool down.

"Assalamualaykum Bhabi!" I shrieked turning around to Nazley.

"walaykumsalam, Ya Allah Nazley, Do you want to give me a heart attack?" I pouted and she giggled shaking her head no.

"Salamwalaykum Aunties Baby." She sang and kissed Ayaan's cheeks, he squealed running away in his walker as Nazley chased him.

"Do you need any help Bhabi?" She turned to me.

"Not really but I just needed to set the table." I said and started plating the muffins.

She quickly set the table and started shouting "Asad!" She yelled at her brother but this time I didn't flinch on instinct.

Asad came downstairs and sat at the head of the table.