Chapter 13

It's nearly been a month since that dreadful day, It's sad to say that the person that is my husband is like a complete stranger to me.

I was sitting in a quiet Park reading a story to Ayaan as he was waddling in a circle since his slightly walking.

"Mama?" He called out to me and I looked at him.

He pointed and started waddling in that way.

"Ayaan baby, don't run." I caught him peppering his face with kisses and he giggled endlessly.

"Assalamualaykum!" An enthusiastic voice chirped and I turned towards the voice.

"Walaykumsalam." I smiled at a young girl just a little older than me.

"Your son is to cute masha'allah." She grinned.

"Your kids are beautiful Masha'allah." I replied watching as a male played with a little boy and girl.

"I'm Asmaa, this is my husband Shakoor and my kids Uzair and Asmaan." She pulled me into an unexpected hug.

"I'm Rani, this is my son Ayaan." I gestured towards Ayaan as he continuously stared at the little girl Asmaan.

"Assalamualaykum." I softly greeted her husband.

"Walaykumsalam, sit down, sit down." He smiled and I took a seat on the green grass.

"So Rani, are you from around here?" Asmaa asked and I nodded.

"I live there." I pointed to the huge Ali Khan tower that can be seen from the park.

"Ya Allah, that's great, we actually live on the 3rd floor." She grinned gesturing towards her cute little family. Masha'allah, may Allah always keep them happy.

"We should schedule a play date for the kids." I suggested and she nodded vigorously pointing at Ayaan who's staring at her daughter.

"Do you like my daughter young man?" She tickled Ayaan and he squealed.

"Say Asmaan." She encouraged and he was quiet for a moment.

"Amaan." He said in a cute baby voice and Asmaa couldn't stop smiling.

Asmaa stared at me for a little while I looked at her in question.

"Shakoor!" She gasped.

"Hmmm?" Her husband asked not taking his attention off from the kids.

"When was the last time I looked like that?" She pointed at me and I furrowed my brows completely confused.

His eyes went wide "When you were pregnant!"

"Exactly!" Asmaa nodded knowingly.

"I'm so confused." I chuckled awkwardly.

"Rani, you have this glow to you that I had when I was pregnant with the twins." She hugged me happily.

I chuckled "I don't think I'm pregnant, Asad will have a heart attack."

She furrowed her brows and her eyes lit up "Ya Allah, You are the lucky woman who got the Asad Ali khan to put a ring on it." I giggled at her words.

"I guess so." I smiled nervously.

"Back to the pregnant topic, you should really take a few tests or so just to be sure." She said and I nodded.

We exchanged phone numbers and I picked up Ayaan saying goodbye to Asmaa and her adorable family taking a nice walk to the tower.

Ayaan was fast asleep when we arrived home and what Asmaa said was bothering me.