Chapter 16

CLARKE POV

1 October 2155

When I wake up, the twins are already awake and playing with each other outside. Madi, however, isn't outside with them. As if she sensed that I was awake, she comes running through the trees just as I begin to worry.

"Mom, can I take the twins to the river while you call dad? Please, please, please?"

She's practically bouncing up and down, and it's hard to say no to her when she's this excited, so I agree to let them go. I set up the satellite and sit in a chair with the radio, and I take a deep breath. The second before I speak, I hear a voice come from behind me.

"Hey Princess"

I turn my attention toward the voice that I haven't heard in so long, the nickname I haven't heard in so long. I'm convinced I'm hallucinating until, suddenly, my world turns upside down as I turn around to see—

"Bellamy?"

He's here. Bellamy. My Bellamy.

As soon as his name leaves my lips, I take off running towards him. I jump into his arms and this time he's ready to catch me, not like all those years ago outside of camp when he's staggered backwards. He picks me up and spins me around, and I feel like I'm taking my first breath of air after spending five and a half years underwater. This moment feels like a dream, it's too good to be true.

I begin to sob, and I fall to my knees, completely overwhelmed by his presence. But this time, unlike when I found out I was pregnant, he's there to catch me. I sob into his shoulder as he whispers to me, "It's okay princess, I'm here. I'm never letting you go again."

When we finally part from each other, I can't look anywhere but his eyes. His eyes, his beautiful, deep brown eyes that I've missed so much. My breath catches in my throat and as a new wave of tears reaches my eyes. He takes my hand and places it gently on his cheek, an action far too gentle for the Bellamy Blake I once knew, allowing me to soak in the fact that he's really here. Only moments after he does, he places a sweet kiss on my lips. We start out slowly, but our kiss deepens as our mouths grow reacquainted with each other.

He pulls away from me, pushes my hair behind my ear, and says, "How is it possible that she's gotten even more beautiful?"

"Bellamy," I say as I feel a blush begin to creep up my skin. "You came."

"I'm here."

"You're real. You're home."

"I'm home, princess. I'm so sorry, Clarke. I left you behind to die," he says.

"You don't need to apologize. You used your head, just like I told you to. I'm proud of you, Bell."

"I'm sorry for leaving you alone."

"I wasn't alone," I start, trying to find a way to gently tell him that he's a father.

"Right, you had Madi," he says, catching me off guard. He's given no indication that he heard my radio calls, so how on Earth does he know about Madi? "I ran into her right after we landed, she's the one who brought me to you. So, while I've been in space, you left me 2,011 voicemails and adopted a kid. You've certainly kept yourself busy, princess."

"Actually, Bell, there's more," my heart is racing and I'm getting more nervous with every passing second, but Bellamy covers my hand with his and looks at me sweetly.

"Whatever it is, princess, you can tell me."

"Well, you remember how we... in the lab, we... before Praimfaya, we—" I can't get the words out. I've never been ashamed of sleeping with him, in fact, it's quite the opposite. Sleeping with him is one of the best decisions I've ever made, but after five and a half years of not knowing if he feels the same way, it's hard to approach the subject.