Chapter 5

"I really should get this suit patched up." Spider-Man said, looking down at his costume. "I think that there are some supplies in the lab."

Without another second to spare, Spider-Man started swinging towards the direction of the lab. He ought to thank Mera for pointing that out to him. He stopped his thinking for a minute at her name.

'He, he......Mera.' He thought in bliss. He kept visualizing the way that her green outfit and her crimson hair flowed perfectly together, or that radiant smile that she possessed, or the lovely sound her voice made when she spoke. He could possibly say that he was falling for this woman....fast. But then the sight of a building snapped him back to reality and he narrowly managed to avoid slamming into the side of the building.

He arrived at the lab building and changed into his casuals. 'Otto should be out of the lab right now. So it should be a perfect time to patch up the suit.' Peter thought to himself as he went into the spare room and took out his suit.

It looked a lot worse than he thought it did. There were tears on just about every three inches of the fabric. Peter almost felt embarrassed to have worn this in front of Mera when they met. 'Let's make sure that next time, this doesn't happen again.' Peter said to himself as he began to work on his suit.

But no sooner had he said that, when he heard a voice behind him. "Parker."

Peter swiftly turned around. "Dr. Octavius!" He then moved to try to hide the suit with his body from Octavius' view. "What's that there?" he asked, indicating to the bag that Octavius was holding.

"Chinese. Had I known you'd be here I would've-" Octavius stopped in his tracks when he looked behind Peter. "What's that you're working on?" he asked.

'Crap!' Peter thought. "Oh, just a side project." he said as casually as he could. Octavius looked at the suit again and he seemed to be in deep thought. 'This isn't going very well.' Peter thought to himself as he observed Octavius.

"Of course.....It's you!" Octavius yelled in shock. Peter started to make up an excuse in his mind as Octavius continued. "It's so obvious Peter. I wish you had told me sooner."

'Great, he knows. Nice work Parker.' Peter scolded himself. "I wanted to, but I just feared that if word got out, my family would be in danger." Peter admitted, still not believing what is happening right now, that after eight years of cover-ups, his secret is finally revealed.

"Hmm, yes. I guess if you design his equipment, you're bound to be a target too." Otto said. Peter then released a sigh of relief at those words.

'The secret is safe.' he thought. "Yeah, I mean.....YEAH!" Peter said after a moment or two.

"Well don't worry, your secret is safe." Octavius assured. "I'll leave you to it." HE patted Peter on the shoulder and walked out of the room with his food.

"Thank goodness." Peter mumbled to himself as he then went back to fixing the suit.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Atlantis

Mera was sitting on a rock in the palace, while thinking back to her little encounter with Spider-Man, aka: Peter Parker. 'Peter.' she thought to herself, as she thought about the dorky-looking smile that he had, the way his brown hair was combed back, the muscles that showed through his uniform, and then those moves when fighting, oh yeah! Unconsciously, the more that Mera thought about him, the bigger the involuntary smile got on her face.

"Earth to Mera!" Arthur yelled, waiving a hand in front of Mera's face. Mera screamed and slipped off the rock, silently grateful that they were underwater so that she didn't crash to the floor.