Chapter 42

Spider-Man swung over to the roof of the F.E.A.S.T. shelter, while holding MJ in is grasp. They had just come from finding the Oscorp Devil's Breath lab at Norman's penthouse. In addition, they had also discovered that the antiserum is ready!

However, that wasn't all that was learned from that experience. Apparently Harry Osborn, their long-time friend, has been sick for an extended period of time. In addition, MJ found and downloaded a video of Martin Li's tragic experience, of when he obtained his powers from a procedure that both Norman Osborn and Otto Octavius orchestrated, though mostly it was Osborn behind the controls of that experiment. As a result, Li's powers killed his parents.

Safe to say Spider-Man was overwhelmed with what he heard.

"This is so much to take in." he said, grasping his head once he put MJ onto the ground. "Harry sick. Norman, Li, and Dr. Octavius."

"I know." MJ said, sounding just as overwhelmed as he felt.

"I can't believe that this is happening." Spider-Man said. MJ came and placed her hand on Spider-Man's shoulder.

"Neither can I. But now is not the time to be drama queens. We still need to fix the problems at hand now." she said. "You can do this.......partner."

Spider-Man looked at MJ at the term 'partner' and grinned underneath his mask. "You're right. I can do this......I have to." he said, standing up and getting to the ledge of the shelter. "If Mera comes back, could you tell her where I am?" he asked, turning back around.

"Consider it done." MJ said with a salute.

"Thanks......partner." Spider-Man said, before swinging off to find the Devil's Breath lab.

Spider-Man dialed Yuri's number to update her on the situation. "I hope this is good news." she said.

"It is. Oscorp has just created an antiserum." Spider-Man responded.

"There's a cure?! Oh, thank god! How soon can you get it to people?" Yuri asked in a relieved voice.

"Headed there to find out now. The lab is at 10th and Cathedral." Spider-Man said, swinging over multiple buildings towards the address.

"Wait a second.......I just received reports of a helicopter going down in that area." Yuri said. That one little sentence made Spider-Man stop dead in his tracks. He had a very bad feeling about what Yuri said.

"Oh no! That could be Norman's helicopter!" he said, continuing his swing at an even greater speed than before.

"I'd send officers your way, but i don't have any." Yuri explained.

"Don't worry. I'll take care of it." Spider-Man said with confidence as he swung to the lab's location.

So many things were still swirling in his mind. At the moment he was trying to find a way to get to Li and Otto to reach the good inside of them. They're both throwing all of that away just to spite Norman. And then there's Mera and her meeting. How long would she be gone for? What if they ban her from coming back to the surface......Back to him?

Spider-Man gulped at the feeling in his gut as he continued to swing towards the lab. Once he arrived, his worst fears came to life. Li was entering the lab with two of his goons dragging Osborn after him.

Spider-Man swung down to enter the building, when he heard the sound of jet packs behind him. Turning around, much to his dismay, he saw Sable agents charging towards him. "Tired of you harassing our agents Spider-Man! This ends tonight!" one of the agents called.

Spider-Man couldn't believe what he was hearing. "You guys think I took out your men?! You've gotta be kidding me!" he shouted as the agents started to shoot at him.