Chapter 7

"Um......just curious." Peter replied with a casual smile. But he was sure that the bright blush on his cheeks would give away is casual composure.

Mera just looked at him in silence, observing his strange behavior, but decided to ignore it.

"Okay then." She said. "Do you.....have a girlfriend?" She asked out of nervousness.

"No, not anymore." Peter said, leaning against his head rest.

Mera released a breath that she had to idea she was holding and mentally fist bumped.

"Bummer." She said as causally as she could. 'Mera, no you are not developing feelings for him!' she thought to herself. She knew that this would not go very well if she was falling for him.

"Mera?" Peter asked out of the blue.

"Yes Peter?" She asked. Peter nervously rubbed the back of his neck and exhaled before asking his question.

"This might sound a little bit odd but.......can I......can you take me to Atlantis?" He asked.

To say that Mera was surprised would be an understatement. Peter wanted to go to Atlantis?! "I don't know Peter." she said after a minute of thinking. "It might not be a good idea to bring a so called, 'surface dweller' to Atlantis."

"Why not?" Peter asked. "I wanna see where you come from as well."

Mera stood up and started pacing the room. How was she going to execute this? She obviously couldn't take him to the kingdom itself, for he'd drown. Although she could make an air bubble around him for air. But then the prejudice of the citizens and her father by bringing him to Atlantis caused a very uncomfortable feeling in her gut.

'Why are you even comprehending this? You should just straight up shut it down now!' Mera thought to herself. But as she looked at Peter's hopeful face again, she started to break a little. 'He looks so hopeful though........' she thought.

"There are multiple ways that this could end badly." Mera answered finally. But then an idea came to her mind. "But maybe I could introduce you to Arthur."

"The king?" Peter asked nervously and with a bit of confusion. "So instead of taking me to the kingdom, you'll take me to the very guy who runs it in the first place?"

Mera chuckled and said, "You're forgetting, he's half human, and he's had experience with the surface world far longer than anyone in the ocean. If anything, he's the guy you should be most comfortable with meeting in Atlantis."

"Fair point." Peter said, rocking his head side to side in deep thought.

"And perhaps, maybe I could take you in a submarine to Atlantis one day." Mera suggested. Peter instantly perked up with hope.

"Do you think it could be sometime soon?" He asked. Mera laughed again. His excitement reminded her of a child on their birthday.

"We'll see." Mera said with a smile. Peter smiled right back in glee, before an idea popped into his own head as well.

"Maybe I can take you somewhere special today." Peter said. "Are you up for that?"

"Sure." Mera answered. "What did you have in mind?"

"Is this center called F.E.A.S.T. It's a place for people who have no homes or no jobs to come and live at. My aunt runs the center." Peter explained.

Mera raised her eyebrows and nodded at Peter's words. "That sounds amazing. I'd love to go." She answered.

"Alrighty then, let's go." Peter said, and the two of immediately headed off to F.E.A.S.T. together.
--------------------------------------