Chapter 18

Mera changed into her causal clothes and ran towards Peter's apartment. Her eyes were still red and puffy, but she no longer had the ocean to carry her tears away. They flowed down fer face as she made her way to the building.

Soon enough she made it to Peter's apartment door and knocked on the door.

Peter was about to go to sleep when the knocking came. 'Who would be knocking at 11:56?' he thought to himself as he got up and went to the door. Once he opened it, he was greeted with a not so pleasant sight. He took in Mera's sorrowful look and sobs that she released.

Mera on the other hand felt relieved when she saw him. "Mera?!" Peter asked, incredibly concerned. Mera just fell into Peter's chest and sobbed. Peter wrapped his arms around her and led her inside of the apartment, closing the door behind them. "Mera, hey. It's alright......it's alright." he cooed, trying to calm her down.

'I take it the talk with her father didn't go well at all.' he thought to himself.

"P-Peter.......c-c-can I s-stay with you?" Mera asked, stuttering.

"Of course Mera." Peter said, leading her to the bed and sitting down with her in his arms. He felt her arms wrap around him and squeeze him. They stayed like that for the longest time, before Mera's sobs died down. She then looked up him with those tear-filled eyes, but had the ghost of a smile on her lips.

"Thank you Peter." she whispered loud enough for him to hear.

"You're welcome Mera." he whispered back. "I'll always be here for you." he added. He hated seeing Mera like this. The woman that he loved was hurting, and he's gonna do everything in his power to ensure that she cheers up. "Are you tired?" he asked.

"A little." Mera admitted.

"Alright then. You can sleep on the bed here." Peter said, pulling the covers for her to get in, before getting off the bed.

"Where are you going?" Mera asked.

"To get some pajama clothes for you to sleep in." Peter said, going to the dresser and pulling out some shorts and a shirt for her to wear. "You can put these on." he said, placing the clothes on the bed beside her, before turning away for her privacy.

Mera stifled a small laugh at his behavior, and was grateful for him being respectable. She put the clothes on and leaned back on the head board of the bed. "Alright, you can turn around now Peter." she said.

Peter turned and smiled at her, before pulling the covers over her. He was about to leave to go to the floor to sleep, when Mera's hand caught his forearm. "Where are you going now?" she asked.

"To sleep on the floor beside the bed." Peter answered. "I'm giving you the bed to sleep in." Peter expected Mera to understand and release him one he said those words. But he would be surprised.

"Stay with me." she said, tightening her grip on his forearm. Peter was certain that he'd be screaming in pain if it weren't for his spider strength providing extra durability.

"A-are you sure?" Peter asked, not wanting to put her in an even more uncomfortable situation.

"I'm sure. I don't wanna be alone right now." she said, despite the fact that being a lone was the one thing she left Atlantis for in the first place. "Please Peter?" she asked.

Peter examined her face closely. She seemed terrified at the idea of sleeping alone in the bed, that he would abandon her in her time of need. Every facial feature of hers was begging him to stay with her, especially her ocean blue eyes. Oh how those eyes affect him so. And now they are begging him to lay with her. Then at last, Peter let out a small sigh.