Chapter 41

Both Spider-Man and Mera sat on one of the metal crates and watched as the police surrounded the crate that held both Rhino and Scorpion. Even though they won this battle, they have yet to win the war. Nevertheless, they won this bout and are enjoying it.

Mera leaned her head on Spider-Man's shoulder as he dialed Yuri. "Alright Yuri that's four down. Just Octavius and Li left." He said.

"Something tells me they won't be as easy. Besides, we have another problem we're facing." Yuri said in a stressed voice. "Devil's Breath cases are worsening and Oscorp is being coy about an anti-serum. I'm worried they might be seeing dollar signs on a seller's market."

Spider-Man scowled in response under his mask and tensed up. Even though the news didn't really surprise him much, it still angered him. Mera, feeling her web swinging boyfriend tense up, flashed a look of concern in his direction.

"I'd expect nothing less from our beloved mayor." Spider-Man said. "Leave the Devil's Breath to me. One of my best people is on it." he finished before hanging up.

"You alright?" Mera asked. Peter just sighed and shook his head no. "What's bugging you?" she asked, turning her body to where she was facing Spider-Man completely.

"I'm just worried that the anti-serum that Oscorp is making might just get sent away to some other company just so they could make themselves some extra money." Spider-Man said.

Mera blinked at his last statement. "Didn't you say Oscorp is one of the most successful companies in the world?" she asked. Spider-Man nodded his head. "And you're telling me that they are willing to give away the only cure to a disease in which they created?!" Mera asked, now suddenly realizing what was angering Spider-Man in the first place.

"That's what I'm afraid of." Spider-Man said. "We've gotta find the lab where it is being made, and fast."

"I agree." Mera said simply. Just then, a splash was heard in the distance behind them, followed by a voice.

"Ah bummer, I missed the party. Darn." the voice said. Mera rolled her eyes at the all-too-familiar voice and turned to look at the owner of the voice, along with Spider-Man.

Down on the ground and behind the crate they were sitting on was non other than a smirking Arthur. The golden trident sparking in the rain.

"What do you want Arthur?" Mera asked.

"What does it look like I'm doing here?" Arthur asked. "I'm here to make fun of your pal's outfit. Nice pants." he taunted, looking in Spider-Man's direction.

Spider-Man scoffed at the comment, and Mera patted his back. "Don't listen to him Peter, he's just an idiot." she said.

"Ah, so your boyfriend is the famous Spider-Man huh?" Arthur asked, looking at Spider-Man.

"The one and only." Spider-Man replied, not really in the mood to talk with him right now.

"Right." Arthur said, before clearing his throat and putting on a more serious face. "Actually the real reason why I am here is for you." he added, looking straight at Mera.

"Why?" Mera asked, now a little curious.

"The time has come." Arthur said. Mera instantly caught onto what he was implying and gasped in amazement. Spider-Man on the other hand was having a hard time comprehending his words.

"It's time for what?" Spider-Man asked the two. Arthur raised his eyebrows at Mera. Clearly he decided he was not gonna be the one to explain things to the confused super hero. "Mera?" Spider-Man asked, turning towards the red haired Atlantean.