Chapter 47

It's been a month since Atlantis was revealed to the world. Since then, the world has been thrown into pandemonium.

People were talking about it on a daily basis, schools are explaining it to the students, and there was hardly anything else that was being shown on the news. Everywhere that had an electronic poster board on New York it showed an image of the Atlantean sign.

Speaking of the news, Peter was sitting on the couch in his apartment right now watching the news.

"In case you haven't heard, a month ago the world was introduced to a new and fascinating society that dwells in the ocean. Yes, the ocean! More details are coming out about these intriguing species." The news person said.

Two small hands were placed upon Peter's shoulders, causing him to smile. He glanced up at the smiling face of Mera, who then lowered down to steal a kiss.

"How are you doing with this?" Peter asked.

"Well, I have been getting a lot of attention from others." Mera said with a bit of discomfort on her face.

This was true. Every time that Mera steps out of the apartment, everyone stops and stares at her. Mera had told Peter that it is as if she is part of an ongoing observation experiment, where they must observe every single feature about her since she's an Atlantean.

"Yes, you have told me." Peter replied, only to have a hand rest on his mouth.

"I wasn't finished." Mera said, the ghost of a smile threatening to emerge based off of Peter's surprised look. "It's been a hard adjustment. But I do feel that it will work towards a bright future for both Atlantis and the surface world. Therefore I am doing as well as I can."

Mera then removed her hand from Peter's mouth as she went to the kitchen for a snack. Peter stared back at her in awe as she got some crackers from the pantry.

"Yes, I do believe so. In fact they have been working on an agreement to try and remove pollution from the oceans." Peter said. "Easier said than done, but....."

"It's a start. At least they're trying now." Mera said, still searching for something to eat.

Once she turned around she headed back to the couch to sit beside Peter. "Something on your mind?" she asked, taking a bite of one of the crackers.

Peter just grinned and replied. "Just thinking of you." he said.

The last month without any real trouble has been a blast for the two. Since there were no crimes appearing, which was extremely shocking to Peter, it gave both Peter and Mera more time to actually enjoy themselves as a couple. They've gone on a handful of dates in the last month, and with each date, they were both finally able to just focus on each other and enjoy each other's company, without the worries about the rest of the city. It also did help that Peter was now helping at Pedro's Power Facilities as one of their scientists. How else was he going to pay for those dates?

"Just thinking of me huh?" Mera asked, leaning closer to Peter's face. Once she got close enough, Peter could make out the light blush on her cheeks. It filled him with pride knowing that he still could have this much of an effect on Mera.

"Uh-huh. You're just amazing overall." he said, pecking her forehead.

"Yes, I am aren't I?" Mera replied cheekily. Peter rolled his eyes and leaned back in his seat with a smile.

His cell phone then rang and he pulled it out of his pocket and answered. "Miles, hey!" he said, catching the interest of Mera as she was still eating her crackers.

"Hey Pete. Is it alright if I come over? I have something that I wanna discuss with you." Miles said through the phone. Peter's face morphed into a serious face as he digested these words.