Prologue

Hi fellow people (and others we don't judge here) this is my first story so feel free to leave constructive criticism because it will help improve the story in the future!

*3rd person*
Valka ran after Stoick as the dragons raided their village. "Stoick! You left your axe dear." She said handing the axe to the chief. "Thank you Val, now please go back to the house." He said to her then proceeded to chase off more dragons. Valka nodded before turning to go up the hill to their house.

Halfway up the hill disaster struck. A dragon broke into their home. "Hiccup!" Valka screamed as she ran into the house. As she made her way into the room where hiccup rested, she expected her son to be crying but instead, she heard laughing. The stormcutter was not attacking, but playing with the boy. Valka walked closer, causing the dragon to notice her. It moved to look closer at the women and in the process, cut hiccups chin with its claw. He cried out In pain but the dragon just got closer to Valka, not attacking but curiously sniffed her.

Just as the dragon got close to her face, an axe was thrown between them. "Valka get hiccup and run!" Stoick yelled as he tried to fight off the dragon. But before she reached him, the stormcutter grabbed hiccup and flew out of the house. "Hiccup! Hiccup no!" Valka cried out. She ran to the edge of the cliff before falling to her knees sobbing. "Hiccup..." Stoick said as he watched the dragon take his son to who knows where.