Prepare for war

Setting: Mid-day, thunderstorm

*Hiccups POV*

I groaned in pain as I woke up "Toothless?" I opened my eyes slowly, adjusting to the light filling the room. "Hiccup! You're up! I was so worried.." Toothless rubbed his head against my chest. My mind was then filled with the events from before I went unconscious. "Oh gods.. We have to go!" Toothless looked at me worried "No Hiccup, you're hurt, you need to rest" I shake my head and try to stand but fail. "No Toothless, he is coming we have t-" I'm cut off by Astrid running into the room "Hiccup! You're up!" She hugs me "Ya, but listen Astrid, We have to go" She looks at me confused "You can't, you're hurt! And, why would you need to leave so soon?"

"He's coming and I have to protect Berk, I can't risk hurting you or the dragons.." I start mumbling. "Hiccup, who is coming?" She looks at me with worry in her eyes "Drago, Drago and his army. They said I couldn't come back here or you guys would face the consequences. I can't.. I can't let them hurt you.." She holds my hands "Hiccup, we are warriors, we can help you fight them." I take a shaky breath. "I know, but-" She cuts me off "No! We can and will help you. I'll go get Stoick, you stay here and rest." I nod in defeat.

==============

*3rd Person*

(At the great hall)

"You have been called here today because we must prepare for war." Stoicks voice booms through the hall. Whispers spread through the crowd, "Drago Bludvist is planning an attack. As we know, he has a dragon army behind him, as well as an armada big enough to take out us and all our allies. We are in the process of reaching out to our allies and asking for their assistance." The whispers continued, "As you are aware, my son was attacked recently, that was Dragos warning to him. He wants Hiccup to leave Berk, but that is not going to happen, with out him we are defenseless towards a dragon army. Everyone able to fight will be taught to ride and fight on dragons in the coming weeks. Dismissed"

Astrid returned to Hiccups hut and knocked on the door. "Come in" She heard him call out. "Hey" He looked up from where he was sitting at the table, "Oh, hey Astrid" She sat next to him at the table. "The chief made the announcement, you don't have to worry Hiccup, with you, your dragons, and Berk, Drago won't stand a chance." He smiled "Thanks Astrid, really. I don't know what I would do without you.." she kissed his cheek. "I don't know what I would do with out you either" They sat in silence before Astrid left to check on Stormfly.

Hiccup eventually got up and went for a walk around the village. Everyone was busy preparing weapons and fortifying the huts and such. He found Stoick in the crowd and went to talk to him. "Hey chief." The man looked down "Oh hello son." "I was wondering when I will be teaching the village to ride dragons?" He thought for a second. "You will begin tomorrow in small groups." Hiccup nodded "I will be back, we need to get the king" before calling for Toothless. "Hey bud, we need to get to the king and tell him our plans" Toothless nodded and they took off.

==============

"My king, Drago is planning an attack on Berk and we are hoping to temporarily move the nest closer to Berk. They are willing to learn to ride dragons." Hiccup said bowing to the Bewilderbeast who was deep in thought. "Drago has an army of dragons correct?" Hiccup nodded "Then I agree, it would be best to help in the fight. We will take everyone except the old, young, and weak. I will leave Charm in charge until our return." Hiccup thanked the king before heading back to Berk, the king and a few thousand dragons following.

(Back on Berk)

"Mother of Thor, what is that?!" the village panicked as the familiar thousands of dragons neared Berk. "Calm down! It's only Hiccup with his nest like last time. Continue working" Stoicks voice was heard throughout the village and they did as they were told.

"Sorry for startling the village, the king wanted to bring as many dragons as possible." Hiccup said to Stoick as he and Toothless landed in the plaza. "That's quite alright son, now, go get the arena ready for tomorrow" Hiccup nodded before running off with Toothless on his tail.

768 words, kinda short sry. Ok so I wanted to let yall know that I have a few books that im going to start on the side :D I'm mainly focusing on this one but I'll have 4 on the side that ill update every once and a while, depending on how much yall like them.

The books:

The sacred Island Of Berk: Magic AU- When Vikings settled on the island of Berk 400 years ago, they discovered a cave, filled with crystals. One brave Viking touched the large crystal in the middle of the room, a bright light was filled their vision before it was gone. Nothing seemed to happen, until they had children.. Their children were born with 2 powers each. Now, 400 years later, the people of Berk all have powers, well, except the runt of the village Hiccup.

When word gets out that Hiccup could train dragons, Viggo Grimborn and his brother Ryker set out to find him. Stoick decides its best for Hiccup to leave Berk until the danger is gone. What happened when he returns 5 years later?

Modern AU- The Boy In The Back: Modern httyd AU- Hayden 'Hiccup' Horrendous Haddock III has been an outcast all his life, his own father never seems to have time for him.

Dragon Boy: A runaway fan fiction. Hiccup Haddock is 15 years old, son of the chief, living on the Island of Berk. But, he's far from what everyone considers "chief material". He's scrawny and has next to no strength physically. Ignored and bullied by the other kids his age, his life on Berk is not great. So when he finally gets the chance to prove himself to everyone, he will have to choose between Berk, and his newly found best friend, a night fury.

Bounty: A midnight scrum alt. ending: The title ehehe

k bye

-Nuggetfury