Facing The Past

*Hiccups POV*

   I woke up in complete darkness and panicked before remembering what happened. I knew that it was only a dream, but I couldn't stop thinking that it could actually happen one day. I would never forgive myself if I let that happen. Toothless shifted as I pushed his wings off of my. "Wake up 'your highness' its almost noon" I said jokingly to Toothless. He just grumbled and got up. (A/N actually me tho)

   I walk over to the pond to get a drink. Little did I know, Toothless had other ideas. "Hehehehehhehe" I hear him right before he picks me up and throws me into the water. "TOOTHLESS!" I roar in shock. He falls to the ground laughing hysterically. "OH ....MY... GODS! YOU SHOULD..... HAVE SEEN....YOUR FACE!!" He yells between laughs. "Ha ha very funny, now thanks to you my only set of clothes is soaked" I say annoyed "Now I have to walk into town SOAKED might I add, to get new clothes" I glared daggers at him, he doesn't care though, hes still just laughing on the ground. "Come one lets get this over with" I grumble

--Time skip to when the get to le village brought to you by tuffs chicken, Chicken--

   As we pass through the village everyone stares at me. I eventually spot Astrid in the crowd, "Hey Astrid" I say waving "Oh hey hiccup what ar- Oh gods what happened to you?" "Toothless happened" I say glaring at him, he acts innocent. "And this is my.. only pair of.. clothes so, where can I... buy some?" She tells me to follow and she leads me to the docks.

  I see trader (A/N Traitor in my opinion but not in this story. Throws knives at Johann) Johann trading with a few Vikings. I run past Astrid who looks at me strangely. "Johann!" He looks up "Ah Master Hiccup! My best customer! May I ask why you are on soaking wet and on Berk?" he asks. "Ask Toothless about this" I say gesturing to my clothes "And its a long.. story"

   "Ah master toothless, I should have guessed. I'm guessing you are in need of a new tunic?" He says before grabbing a box of colorful shirts. "How'd...you know" I said jokingly before searching for the right size tunic. I find a dull red one (A/N Like the one he wears in rtte) "Perfect, What.. do you want.. for it?" "For you Master Hiccup, no charge, you gave me more than enough last time" he says gesturing to the large stash of Gronkle iron weapons on deck. "Thanks Johann." I say before walking back up to Astrid.

   "You seem to be pretty close to Yohann" She says smiling. "Yep" I say popping the 'p'. "I've been trading...with him.. for years. Toothless and I will...be right back..im going to..change" I say smiling before running off into the forest.

   Once we are down in the cove, I take my armor off and switch my normal black tunic for the new red one. "I guess with this we will match Tooth." I say while I finish putting my armor back on. Toothless warbles in agreement and I hang up my wet tunic on one of the tree roots. "Lets get back to the village bud." He grumbles in annoyance as he had just gotten comfortable on a rock "Fine I'll talk to the chief alone then.." I mutter, but he hears and reluctantly follows me. "Are you sure you want to take to them?" he asked worryingly. "I don't want to but, I need to face the past" I sigh

   I stop in front of the chiefs house and began to knock, when the door suddenly opened and revealed Valka. "Oh, hello Hiccup, how may we help you?" She said kindly. "Uh.. I just wanted to...talk with you guys.. for a while.." I say, suddenly taking interest in the ground. "Of course! Come inside dear." I follow her into the house. To the left I see stairs leading to a door which I'm guessing is a bedroom. There is a small table in the center of the room with 4 chairs, 1 on each side, and a large fireplace at the far end of the house. At the back I can see another door which again I guess is another bedroom.

   "Please, sit at the table, I'll fetch Stoick" She said before entering the room at the back. I took a seat at the chair closest to the door. Then Valka returned with the large Viking just behind her. She muttered something to him before they both sat at the table, Stoick in front of me, and Valka to my right.

   "I know you must have a lot of questions Hiccup, so ask away"

820 words oh yesh. I plan to get close to 1000 words per chapters cause when I read I like having longer chapters so I don't want to annoy y 'all  with short chapters    :Y

-Nuggetfury