Careful What You Wish For

*Hiccups POV*

   I reluctantly took off my armor as I prepared to fight. 'Why does this always happen to me'  I said to myself. I didn't want everyone to see the scars that lined every inch of my body. But, it seemed that I had no choice if I wanted to get out of here with toothless.

   The crowd was loud, chanting 'Stoick' which I'm guessing is the chiefs name. As I walked out of the shadows it went quite. I could hear them whispering. Ugh can't they accept that life was and is cruel to me. I was snapped from my thoughts as a loud horn was blown. I yelped in pain and covered my ears, as I've lived with dragons, my senses are better than everyone else's which can be helpful, but sometimes not, just like this. "Let the fight begin!" A man said. Stoick charged at me holding his axe high, ready to strike. I easily moved out of the way. He turned around furious. I drew my weapon, inferno. Stoick laughed as I held he seemingly normal thin sword. "You should... learn..to never underestimate...me..Stoick" I said smirking as I clicked the button and the sword burst into flames. He just stared in shock, knowing he wouldn't win this. "Time for plan B!" He yelled. Plan B? What's plan B? I asked my self before realizing. Oh. To just kill me instead of giving me a chance to leave. Bad move Stoick. Guards ran behind me and tried to grab my hands but before they could, I rammed their heads together, knocking them unconscious.

   I continued to fight until I saw Toothless. "Toothless! Are you ok bud?" I roared worryingly. "I'm fine, just get us out of here!"  I nodded before running between the men holding my friend. Before they registered what I was doing, I had cut the ropes and freed Toothless. "Lets get out of here bud" I warbled. "ENOUGH" the booming voice of Stoick said and he walked up to us. The loud noise hurt, causing me to fall. I yelled in pain as I landed on my shoulder. 'Great'. Stoick walked closer to  us and grabbed my hair, lifting me from the ground.

   He examined my face before looking shocked....."hiccup?..." he let go of my hair and I fell to the floor. I stared at him. "how do you know my name?" I asked, forgetting to switch to Norse. "Uh..sorry" I mumbled before speaking again "how...do you...know my...name?" The man looked like he was on the verge of tears. "Gobber get Val" I watched as the man called Gobber left and returned with a women who assumed was this 'Val'. She gasped as she saw me, which I assumed was because of the scars. "Val..I think this is our son" I jumped up once he said that and stared at them.

   "How could he be? Hiccup was only a baby when he was taken. The only way to tell would be..the..scar" she said looking at my chin which had a faint scar that I didn't remember getting."Hiccup? Is it really you?" She said with tears rolling down her face. "Um...sorry...I don't...know...I've never....seen you...before..." I said, not knowing how to react to this. "Get Gothi" the women said to Gobber. He nodded and walked off. I just stayed there on the floor. Wanting to leave, to forget this happened. If what they say is true, they might force me to stay here.. and if they force me to sta- I was once again snapped from my thoughts as a small lady walked up to me. She bowed before speaking. "Shadow, Hiccup, prince of dragons" The people around seemed shocked that she spoke. "Lost heir to Berk" she said before walking out.

   I grabbed my armor."Toothless. Time to go" I roared before running from the arena. "Wait!" The women, Val, said running after us. But, we were faster. We ran trough town, ignoring the frightens looks from strangers, before reaching the woods. We reached the cove and jumped down, and ran into the cave. Hoping they would not find us.