Training

*Hiccups POV*

   "-up, Hiccup, HICCUP" Toothless roared, making me wake with a jolt. "Wha, what happened, what's wrong?" He rolled his eyes "It's time for training, and you decided to sleep in and almost miss it." I jumped from my bed and ran to get my amour. "Oh gods I almost forgot! Thanks bud! Well? Are you gonna just stand there or come with me?" He grumbled, but followed me out of the cave.

   "Good morning my son, you slept well I presume" The king says to me. "Good morning my king, yes I did." I said as I bowed to him. "Shadowjumper will be training you today, you will find her at the top of the nest" He said smiling "Good luck my son." I bowed once more before hoping on Toothless and flying to the top of the nest. 

   "Ah Hiccup there you are, I was beginning to think you were skipping training" Shadowjumper said with a laugh. She is a black Stormcutter with white lightening bolts on her wings, face, and tail. "Ya sorry about that, I overslept" She smiled "Its quite alright dear, lets begin shall we."

  We trained for most of the day, she taught me how to shoot different blasts and spines from my hands at the beginning. Once I mastered that, we worked on my senses. She taught me how to focus on just hearing, or just smell, etc. One of the practices was to make a map of my surroundings in my head without my sight and I was struggling. 

   "Focus on your hearing, make small sounds and listen, you should be able to use your echolocation to map it out." She said from her spot on the ice. I furrowed my brow in frustration. "How? I cant map out anything like this." I heard her stand up and walk in a circle around me. "Use the sounds of me walking to map out where I am." I tried again and again but couldn't get it to work. 

   "I don't know what to do, I can't get this to work!" I was getting frustrated and angry. "You must calm down, don't let your frustration and anger get in the way of your senses." I tried to calm down but realized I couldn't. "Uh Jumper, what's happening" I could tell she was tense "Jumper? Are you ok?" I opened my eyes and saw she was backing away from me. "Jumper what's- OH GODS" I look down and see that the veins on my arms are bright red. I see my reflection in the ice below me, my normal green eyes were replaced with dragon like eyes, completely red with black slits in the center. I start to panic as the red travels up my arms. "Get the king..." She says wide eyed. Toothless runs down to where the king was resting.

   He's not gone for long and returns telling me to follow him. "My king, w-what's happening t-to m-me?" I say still panicking. "It's ok my son, this is normal, your dragon form has surfaced" I stare at him "D-dragon form?! You meant that I can-" He cut me off "Yes my son, you can shift into a dragon. It's best you know how to sooner than later for your safety as well as ours" I just nod. "Thank you Shadowjumper, you are free to go." She bowed before flying off. 

   The king turned back to me. "Now, lets begin. To transform, you will need to think of a dragon, think of what is must be like to be that dragon, think of its coloring and markings. As far as I know, you can shift into any dragon." I nod, I know exactly which dragon to become first. I think of a Nightfury, its pitch black scales, how it moves gracefully through the air. I feel heat travel through my body before I feel my body morph. 

   When I open my eyes, I am closer to the ground. I look down and instead of my normal body, I see black scales and short legs. "I did it!!" I hear Toothless behind me. "Woah.. Hiccup you did it! You are a dragon!!" He says bounding towards me like a happy dog. "So this means... I can learn to fly?!" The king nods happily. "Yes you can my son, and I think Toothless will be the best teacher for you. Before that, you must know how to shift back into a human. Its simple, just think of your human self and it should work."

 I think of my human self and feel the familiar heat fun through my body, then I feel myself morph once more. "This is amazing!!" Toothless gives me a gummy smile. "I believe it's time for you two to rest, you've had a long day" The king says before laying down. I yawn, not realizing until now, how late it was. "He's right, lets head to bed bud." Toothless nods and we head back to our cave.

837 words. Ok so, on the side, I'm gonna be working on another book, Its gonna be an alternate ending to the episode Midnight Scrum from RTTE. I wont be publishing it till I'm done writing it so ya. I'm also gonna make an update book for well updates. so I'll put my a/n's and if I'll be posting anytime soon and wat not. :) k bye

-Nuggetfury