Chapter 31: Migraine Fuel

Draco was still frozen in shock, his hand slowly drifting to his kiss-swollen lips, when Professors Dumbledore, Snape, and Madam Pomffery entered the curtained-off hospital room. Pleasantries were shared and potions were given; and while Draco was physically present, his mind was entirely elsewhere.

Had he really just been kissing Granger? How was that even possible?

They had been arguing like they would have normally done any other day, insulting each other's character and blood purity, then they were kissing. He didn't even know why he initiated the kiss; he was just looking for a way to shut her up and his brain thought that was the best solution at that moment.

And, though part of him didn't want to admit it, he had thoroughly enjoyed their liplocked moment. Her lips had been cool to the touch but smooth and her little grunts of pleasure were to die for. And when she took control of the kiss...and pulled his hair...

He knew that he shouldn't want to kiss her again. But, by Merlin, did he want to!

'Get a grip Draco.' A voice inside his head chided him, 'you're still mated to the vampiric, know-it-all Gryffindor princess! You'll have to put up with her grating personality for the rest of time!'

'Yeah, I know.' He mentally answered himself, 'but I'm still a hormonal teenager who can appreciate a good snog!'

He shook his head, clearing his mind of its ministrations, as he left the hospital wing and headed towards the Slitherin Common room. It was midmorning on a sunday, so the Commons would probably have ebbs and flows of students milling about, either coming in from or going outside, finishing up homework, reading, and so forth. He had been so busy becoming immortal over the weekend that he hadn't been able to touch his homework, so that would be his plan for the rest of the day until he had to see Granger again in the evening.

He entered the Common Room and noted that his asumption of his housemates' weekend festivities proved right; there were a couple groups of students here and there, but the majority if his fellow Slytherin's were absent from sight. 'Perfect,' Draco lemented to himself, 'Because I'm sure I look like shit and nobody needs to see that.'
----
After running up to his luckily empty dorm room and taking a much needed shower, (he was glad to see that the mirror he'd previously shattered had been mended), Draco changed into clean robes and a black turtleneck he borrowed out of Theo's trunk. Though he gritted through the pain that hit him directly in the fashion sense, he pressed on and wore the tall-necked top, for it was the easiest and most efficient way to cover his bite mark at the moment. He swore to study up on advance glamours that he could use on a more perminant basis soon.

Satisfied that he looked the best he could at the moment, given the circumstances, he grabbed his transfiguration text and made his way down to the Commons to catch up on his assigned reading.

----
He had gotten through an hour's worth of homework before a gasp of suprise and two sets of heavy footsteps entered the room and bee lined directly to his fireplace-adjasent chair. Draco looked up in time to see Gregory Goyle and Vincent Crabbe practically throwing themselves on the couch in front of him, bouncing off each other as they sat.

"Hey Drake! Where have you been, mate?" Goyle asked, scrunching his eyebrows in concern.

"Yeah, we haven't seen you since after classes on Friday." Crabbe agreed with a nod.

"Oh, uh yeah I'm fine." Draco put up a guarded mask as he straightened his posture and closed the book on his lap. He was not a fan of lying to the duo in front of him, they being some of his closest friends and all, but he had no choice, did he? "I received a letter from my father that was rather unpleasant, so I spent some time with Uncle Sev to discuss some things."

"Oh, is everything alright? What was he on about this time?"

"Oh, just the usual 'get your shit together' and all that."

"It wasn't anything about...you-know-what, was it?" Crabbe asked in a hushed tone, scooching fowards on the couch towards Draco. His eyes were full of panic and his complexion was turning rather green.

"Shh, Vince! Don't speak about that!" Goyle whisper yelled, sitting up and facing the other boys, "especially not here!"

"But Greg, aren't you worried? My father has been hinting about it over hols too! I don't want to join!"

"Hey, Vin..Vinny, look at me." Goyle grabbed Crabbe's elbow and turned him so that they were face to face. "Everything's going to be all right." He then paused, quickly looked around the room, and when he was assured no-one was watching, Goyle lean forward, placing a hand on the others cheek, and whispered in his ear. "I won't let anything hurt you, I promise."

Draco watched his friends comforting each other, silently empethising with them while keeping a blank face. He really did feel bad for the closeted couple. Not only did they not share the same Muggle-hating, Pureblooded beliefs their fathers held, they had been hiding their romantic relationship since forth year. Though homosexuality was usually tolerated among the Wizard Community, Crabbe and Goyle Seniors were highly homophobic, believing that those of that nature were no better then Mudbloods and trolls.

"No, Vince, he didn't mention anything about that." Draco spoke, unfortunately breaking the other boys' moment, who reluctantly moved away from each other and sat properly back on the couch.

"Well good, that's one less thing to worry about, then." Goyle smiled thinly, sending a caring look towards his boyfriend, who nodded in return.

"Indeed." Draco murmered, face falling into a scowl. Amongst all the hate and war The Dark Lord spoke about over winter holiday while residing at Malfoy Mannor, discussions began about the possible benefits of recruiting the Death Eaters' Hogwarts-attending children to His ranks, in a sort of Junior League of Death Eaters. This, of course, would include Draco, Vince and Greg, along with many other Slytherin students.

And did any of these teenagers have a say into whether or not they wanted to taint their souls with the evils of following Voldemort? Of course not.

That very thought had been buzzing in the back of Draco's mind since returning to school, and had actually been the reason he went to seek out his godfather's presence that Friday. That was, of course, was before the discovery of said godfather's creature identity and secret child, who then came to claim him as her undead mate.

With that said, Draco had no idea what to focus his mind on at the moment: his schoolwork, his imminent Death Mark, or the upcoming meeting with his vampiric mate?

To say that Draco Malfoy was developing a major migraine would be a vast understatement.