Chapter 33: Good Boy

Time seemed to slow as Hermione leaned towards Draco and burried her elongated fangs into his neck.

Draco was suddenly aware of every sensation in his body, from the gentle caress of fingers on his neck, the cool and slippery feeling of teeth and lips on his skin, to a firm but gentle hand on his hip pushing him back to sit on his calves as Hermione pulled herself up to tower over him dominatly.

The actual bite felt like a sharp pinch, like being stung by a bee, but the pain quickly passed and was soon replaced by the most comforting feeling he'd ever felt. He could practically feel her venom entering his bloodstream, overwhelming and diluting his blood with what felt like warm, bubblily bathwater. His cells sang as the liquid life source his body so desperate needed to survive passed through and gave them new energy. Draco became aware of each vein the venom discovered, starting from his neck, traveling down his chest and belly, down his legs and pooling in his toes before traveling up to his arms and head.

His initial cry of pain from the bite was quickly replaced with a deep, guttural moan of pleasure; one in which Draco himself would be quite embarrassed of if he was to be questioned about it. Embarrassment of his weird sounds were the lowest thoughts on Draco's mind, however. His brain could only focus on the overwhelming sensations and input it was receiving, leaving his thoughts to be quite scattered and fleeting.

His mind slowly began to clear as Hermione removed her mouth and rested her head on the crook of his neck; he could feel the fanning of her labored breath on his upper back and the tickle of her hair on his cheek. Her arms came up to cradle his body to her chest and Draco was surprised to find his muscles feeling rather weak as he accepted the support and he felt his body relax against hers.

"Mmm, your blood tastes so good, Mate." He felt and heard Granger purr. "Such a good boy."

Draco's breath caught in his throat. He had never been a fan of lovey-dovey complements before - maybe because his parents were never super mushy with their declarations of love? - but Hermione's words did something to him, particulary something low in his gut and belly.

"Ah, so my baby likes when I call him a 'good boy', now does he?"

With a tug of his hair, he felt his head being lifted and he opened his heavy eyes - when had they closed? - and found himself staring into bottomless pools of ruby. He felt his face heat as he realized that she must have noticed his response to her words. He couldn't  seem to find the right words to say and he couldn't nod due to her fingers practically holding his tired frame up, so he grunted his affermitive answer. There was a part of him, a very hormonal part of him, that wanted to show her just how much of a good boy he could be, but the rest of his body was determined to remind him that he was in no shape to do so.

Merlin, he felt like he was drunk, and she was his unrelenting bottle of firewhisky.

Hermione giggled and smiled at him before relaying his head on her shoulder, releasing her grip on his hair in order to curress his locks instead. "Shh, mate, I know you're tired. You rest for now, and we will explore that at a later date. How does that sound?"

Draco felt himself nod before sleep overtook him.

----

Draco woke up the next morning with the sight of Severus Snape's velvet couch in his face for the second time that week. He thought it fleetingly ironic that he found himself waking up on his godfather's couch now, as a sixth year student, more often then he did as a first year who had been battling homesickness.

"I'm definitely not having homesickness now." He murmered to himself, "No, I'd rather be anywhere then there."

"Malfoy? Are you awake?"

Hermione Granger's feminine voice ringing out from an adjacent room jerked Draco back into the present. He sat up on the couch, causing an Afghan blanket that he hadn't realized was on his body to slide on the floor. As he looked down at the fallen blanket, he noticed he was dressed in dark green silky pajamas, ones he had never seen before. 'Had she...?'

"You woke just in time, I was about to wake you up so you could head to breakfast."

He jerked his head up to see the brunette girl standing in the doorway of her room, dressed in her Griffindor robes and drinking out of a purple tumbler. Her brown eyes seemed to sparkle at him.

"Did you undress me, Granger?!"

"Of course not. I transfigured your robes. Here." She chuckled as she dug her wand out of her pocket and pointed it at him, changing his pajamas back into the outfit he had worn the day before, complete with black turtleneck.

"Erm, thanks." He muttered, standing up and straighting his robes. As he moved, a small ache made itself aware on his neck. And with that,  all the memories from the night before hit him like a tidal wave.

The warm heat of her venom entering his bloodstream and spreading throughout his body.

The smell of lavender and iron filling his nose as he burried his face in her hair.

"You're blood tastes so good, Mate. Such a good boy."

"Oh God!" His face instantly reddened with embarrassment. Why did he act like that?! Could he have been any less manly? He had been practically moaning with need in her lap! That's not how Malfoy's act! What would Father think if he had saw him hanging onto a girl like that? And not with just any girl, but Hermione Granger!

"I've got to go...!" Draco practically sprinted out the door, hardly hearing Granger's shouts of protests behind him.

How was he going to be able to face her again without thinking of how much of a sissy he had been? And she would need to bite him again that night, not to mention every night for the unseeable future. Would he act like that every time? And why did he react that way in the first place?

Part of him didn't want to know and was looking for any excuse not to have to see her again. However, that small part of him, the ache horribly close to his heart, yearned for her presence and couldn't wait until 9pm in the astronomy tower that evening.