Shawn Mendes; Meeting Your Family

You have been dating Shawn for two months after meeting randomly in an airplane. You were fulfilling a dream of traveling abroad and Shawn was on tour. Your dad frequently flies and had racked up a lot of points with his frequently flying, so you were able to fly first class. The crazy thing was you were seated next to Shawn in first class and you hit it off. You exchanged numbers and eventually started dating.

It is now Thanksgiving and Shawn is off of tour for awhile. He hasn't met your family and decided to come to your family's Thanksgiving festivities to meet them.

You went to your dad's parents' house first and he met your parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins. You stayed there for awhile and ate a huge meal. You played a few games of charades with the family, which Shawn loved, and then traveled to your mom's side of the family.

Out at your mom's parents' house over twenty people were packed into a tiny space. Once you and Shawn arrived, cars were parked every-which way in the yard and several relatives were gathered out back passing a football.

Your older cousin came up and shook Shawn's hand and introduced himself. They started talking and you said you were going inside to greet your other relatives. After around twenty minutes you were seated in the living room talking with your grandma when Shawn walked in with your cousin. He spotted you and you rose.

You: "Grandma, this is Shawn."
Your grandma stays seated as Shawn extends his hand.
Shawn: "Nice to meet you ma'am."
Grandma: "Please call me Grandma."

He smiles.

You sit in the seat you were in previously, but as there were no more empty seats, Shawn decided to sit on the floor between you and your Grandma.

You continued your conversation and you caught Shawn's eye. He just looked at you and winked.

You smile and stand up needing to get some fresh air, it was hot being in that cramped of a space with a lot of people

Shawn followed you out to the porch and kissed you sweetly.

You: "What's that for?"
Shawn: "Do I have to have a reason?"
You: "No." You say as he wraps his arms around you so that you are facing him.

Shawn: "But if you must know, I love seeing you like this."
You: "Like what?"
Shawn: "With your family. I really like them by the way."
You smile and kiss him.
You: "They like you too."

Just then you lean in to kiss him again and hear your ten year old cousin yell from inside.

"Ewww they're kissing and junk."

You both laugh and head back inside.