Zachary Levi; About Time

You were scrolling through YouTube waiting on your flight to California. Your manager was on a call, your stylist and assistant were talking a few seats over. You were a celebrity, mainly for your acting in Marvel films.

You were scrolling through when you noticed your name in a video title from Kelly Ripa's show featuring Zachary Levi. You had a feeling you knew where this was going, but you clicked on it anyway. The video was posted about two days ago and you watched as the interview was underway.

It got to a point where they were asking Zach about his personal life and if he had any celebrity crushes. He, without hesitation said, "Absolutely."
Kelly leans forward.
Kelly: "Who is it? It will be our secret."
Of course Zach laughs as well as the audience.
Zach: "Well, it's Y/N Y/L/N actually."
The audience claps.
He smiles.
Ryan: "Wow. I wasn't expecting you to say a name."
Kelly: "Me either. Does she know?"
Zach: "Oh yes. I've been trying to get her to go on a date for about two years now."
Ryan: "Really? You've got it bad then. Two years?"
Kelly: "I think we should call her up and get this thing scheduled."
They all laugh.
Ryan: "Why hasn't she accepted?"
Zach: "Well at first it was because we were working together on Thor. Then it was because we were on different continents filming, and I haven't asked her too recently. It will happen one day."
Ryan leans forward.

Ryan: "We'll see what we can do

Ryan: "We'll see what we can do."

The interview ends less than a minute afterward.

You sigh. You liked Zach but weren't sure how the relationship would work out with you both being busy. He swore it would work, he'd make it work. But you didn't want him to sacrifice his passion for you. Waiting seemed like the best option.

You boarded your flight a few minutes later and didn't think about it again until two days afterward. Your publicist called you.
You: "Hello?"
Publicist: "We have been contacted by Ryan Seacrest to make a special phone call into his radio show."
You: "Ok?"
Publicist: "He is wanting to talk to you personally about the topic of interest, but I wouldn't be surprised if it is about Zachary Levi."
You sigh.
You: "Ok. Thanks for the heads up. What is your opinion? Is it good for me to even be on the show?"
Publicist: "Yes. But it will depend on your conversation with Ryan."
You: "Ok. When is he calling me?"
Publicist: "I just got off the phone with him and told him to give you about five minutes. So any minute now."
You: "Thanks. I'll call you about it afterward."
You hang up.

You went back to painting your nails in the hotel room. A few minutes later your phone rings.
You: "Hello?"
Ryan: "Hi. Is this Y/N?"
You: "It is. Is this Ryan?"
Ryan: "You got it. Hey, I have a proposition for you."
You: "Ok?"
Ryan: "We will be having Zachary Levi on the radio with us tomorrow in studio. As you probably know, he's got a major crush on you. We would like to pay for you two to meet up and go on a date and afterward come on the show together to talk about it. I know it seems crazy, but I talked to Zach at length about you after our Live show and he is absolutely smitten with you. What do you say?"
You: "Wow. That's a lot to take in. Um..... You know what, sure. I'm in between projects right now and my manager is giving me the thumbs up to go."
You were looking at her across the room.
Ryan: "Yes! He's going to be so jazzed. Here's the plan..."