Zachary Levi; Gym Friends

You were living in Texas in a suburban area. You had just been transferred by your company to Texas from (Random City). You were on a big health kick recently and when looking for a place to live you wanted access to a nearby gym that you could walk to and from your home. Luckily you found one.

You walked in the gym and it was somewhat busy, which never bothered you before, but in a new place it was a little nerve-racking. You paid at the desk for a year membership and went to the treadmills. You popped in your headphones and went to work on a solid 45 minute run.

You stepped off the machine and did your cool down stretches, threw your water bottle away and set off toward home. What you didn't realize that across the gym, you had caught the interest of someone. They were just getting up the courage to speak to you when you walked out. Sadly for them, this would be their last day in that gym for several weeks.

Time Skip
You were really loving living in Texas. You enjoyed getting to walk your dog down the neighborhoods, and meeting people on the street. Your gym was becoming like a second home. You loved the equipment and staff. You'd even made friends with several fellow gym goers.

You walked into the gym at your regular time and noticed that the normal people were there. Sara on the elliptical; she had just had a knee replaced and was working on rehabilitation. Jackson was stretching in the corner with earbuds in. He always came in after his early shift at the hospital. Gina was working the desk. Greg was wiping down the equipment. Tyler was doing some leg presses. And then there was a new face working on the pull-up bar.

You went to the desk

You: "Good afternoon, Gina."
Gina: "Hey, pal."
You look back at the new guy.
You: "New guy today huh?"
Gina: "Who? Zach? No. He's been coming to
this gym for months, he's just been out of town for a few weeks."
You: "Oh."
Gina: "He's really sweet, you should go introduce yourself."
Greg walks by.
Greg: "Yeah, Y/N go introduce yourself."
He snickers. You two had a pretty sarcastic relationship.
You: "Har har." You fake laughed. "You know me, I don't talk to anyone new unless they talk to me first."
Greg: "Yes, sadly I do know you." He winks.
You giggle.
You check in and head off to the treadmill. Cardio workout day, your favorite; it was nice to run and clear your mind of everything going on.
Just then Greg cranks the radio to your favorite song. This was becoming a weekly thing. You look back and wink at him. You hum the song as you jog on the treadmill. Greg, however, is belting it.

"Had to have high, high hopes for a living
Shooting for the stars when I couldn't make a killing
Didn't have a dime but I always had a vision
Always had high, high hopes
Had to have high, high hopes for a living
Didn't know how but I always had a feeling
I was gonna be that one in a million
Always had high, high hopes"

He pauses. "Come on Y/N. You know you want to."
You laugh and get off the treadmill and join Greg in the middle of the gym."

You both sing/scream the rest of the song as you jump around. Everyone else was smiling and watching as you made a complete fool of yourselves.

The song finishes and as usual everyone claps. You shove Greg and head back to your workout. You forgot your headphones today.

All of a sudden, Zach was next to you on the other treadmill. He found your pace and turned to you.
Zach: "Nice performance back there."
You smile.
You: "Thanks."
Zach: "I'm Zach, by the way."
You: "Y/N."
Zach: "So Panic at the Disco?"
You: "Yep, one of my favorites."
Zach: "I love Panic. I actually just met them not too long ago."
Now he had your attention.
You turn to him.
You: "What? How?"
Zach: "Well we were at an awards show together and I had to go introduced myself."
You: "Oh. Why were you at an award show?"
He laughs.
Zach: "I'm Zachary Levi. I'm an actor."
You: "Oh? What have you been in?"
Zach: "Well I was the lead in the series, Chuck. I-."
You stop your treadmill and face him.
You: "Wait, you're Chuck?"
He smiles and stops his treadmill too.
Zach: "Yep. That's me."
You give him the once over. You could see it, but man had he changed.
Zach: "Yeah, I've changed a bit since then."
You: "Well, I don't want to get completely fan-girly, but can I get a picture with you?"
He nods and you grab your phone.

Time Skip
You ended up meeting Zach at the gym at your regular time everyday for the next four weeks. He was helping you get into lifting weights and even joined you for walks with your dog occasionally.

You could tell he was trying to show off by what he was lifting or taking his shirt off

You could tell he was trying to show off by what he was lifting or taking his shirt off. It was working.

One day he finally asked you on a date and everyone in the gym clapped when you agreed to go

Gina: "About dang time!"
..............................................................................................
Requested by _NRobin_